Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Tracie Peterson > The Brides of Gallatin County

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 10, 2009 11:32AM) (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I'm currently reading A Dream to Call My Own. Funny enough, I was reading where a main character Gwen went into labor, and I was in labor. Hah... I did not get to read about her delivery until after my own, however. lol I'm enjoying this whole series. Have you read it?

A Promise to Believe In
A Love to Last Forever

Click either of the books above to read my thoughts on them. I should finish this one in the near future (if Charlotte lets me...) and can share my thoughts then.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy Read all 3. :) I only had one question by the end of book 3, but it didn't keep me from enjoying the entire series. I didn't like the Broadmoor Legacy series, but The Brides of Gallatin County was great!

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I have not read the Broadmoore Legacy yet...

message 4: by Joy (last edited Aug 10, 2009 03:04PM) (new)

Joy Margaret wrote: "I have not read the Broadmoore Legacy yet... "

I didn't make past the first book. I tried, but I just didn't like any of the characters...maybe it gets better as the series progresses...I'm not interested in finding out yet.

The Gallatin Sisters, however, I liked from the beginning. :)

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy Yay! I hope you like it! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked The Brides of Gallatin County series. They were some of the first books I read by Tracie Peterson.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 15 comments I loved that series as well. :o)

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wfnren) | 1 comments This sounds like a great series, I had to add it to my wish list.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I so loved this series!

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 2 comments I'll have to try these :) some of her historical s are too heavy for my taste but I love her newer books..

message 11: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 18 comments I haven't read The Brides... Yet, but I read The Broadmoor Legacy a couple of years ago and liked them a lot!

message 12: by Pamela Jo (new)

Pamela Jo | 10 comments I'm new to this group and just discovered your posts about Tracie Peterson. She is one of my favorite authors. I've read her "Ladies of Liberty" series, which I enjoyed very much. Right now, I'm reading the "Ribbons of Steel" trilogy. She co-wrote it with Judith Pella. Since I've always been fascinated with railroad history, I'm enjoying "Ribbons of Steel" very much. I have several of her other books and look forward to reading them, too!

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 11 comments Pamela Jo wrote: "I'm new to this group and just discovered your posts about Tracie Peterson. She is one of my favorite authors. I've read her "Ladies of Liberty" series, which I enjoyed very much. Right now, I'm re..."

I really enjoy Tracie Peterson's books as well. Life has been a bit crazy of late. I am hoping, this week, to get back to her book titled "Hope Rekindled." I really like Judith Pella. The "Ribbons of Steel" trilogy sounds interesting.

message 14: by Leah Isenberg (new)

Leah Isenberg | 1 comments I just started reading "A Promise to Believe In" the first book in The Brides of Gallatin County series!! I love Tracie Peterson, and I am ready to enjoy her novels again!!