Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Pull your pants up, TC people...we got company

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Welcome to TC!

Please use this thread to say hello and introduce yourself to us. We want to hear from you!

We're a motley crew, as RA says in the other welcome thread, but here I want to hear what makes you motley.
Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Lager or Wheat?
Coffee or Tea?
Chocolate or Vanilla?

and most importantly:
Do you pick your nose when driving?

message 2: by Heidi (last edited Aug 10, 2009 03:17PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Psshhh... like anyone's ever going to admit to picking his nose while driving.

Stones (I don't really want to pick, though, because I ♥ both)
Lager
Tea
Vanilla

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i mostly ride a motorcycle. no being discreet there. either you is or you ain't

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Not a huge fan of either - forced to pick the Stones
Wheat
Both
Vanilla

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Beatles
This is beer, right? I don't drink beer.
Coffee
Vanilla

I wait til I'm home.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments beatles (although i am a tweener for either band)
don't drink beer (i am immature with alcohol)
"yes please" (jk - coffee)
chocolate (i even say it with flair)

i do wear a helmet but it is not a full-face one so if i were so inclined to do a little mining i could. right in front of God and everybody but i could

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments correct. a skid lid

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments venus on the half shell?

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am hoping that everything stays in the shell

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Decided theirs no need to protect the (two or three times replaced) teeth Kevin?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Beatles or Rolling Stones? Both, so there!
Lager or Wheat? Root... beer, that is.
Coffee or Tea? Tea
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, baby!

No, I'm like Lori. That's something you do in the privacy of one's own home.

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments BunWat wrote: "Skid lids make me think of 50's movies. And smile.
"

right Bun. think a much less handsome James Dean still wearing the white tee, levi's and boots but sporting a mostly white soul patch and carrying an iphone and it is just like a 50's movie

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles, though I like both.

Lager or Wheat?
Wheat over lager. Ale, stout and porter over your average wheat beer.

Coffee or Tea? Tea, most days. Coffee wins on taste, but it makes my nerves hum at ultrasonic frequencies, which is hard to take.

Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla for ice cream, chocolate for anything else that comes in those flavors. Pudding, for example.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Bun - i ride a cruiser style stretch shadow aero. sort of low slung with drag handlebars. def not the bloated highway type with all the cup holders, speakers and accessories.

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Well, if NO beer's an option, then I'd definitely go with root beer... frostop preferably... or IBC.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments IBC - that way you still can tip a long-neck without the eventuality of drunk dialing old teachers and sleeping on the tile floor of a bathroom

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Henry Weinhard's does a root beer too, but it's pretty sweet for my taste. And Thomas Kemper root beer is positively sinful!

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Honestly, I'd rather drink water on most occasions because beer & root beer make my belly feel overfull.

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and what a glorious feeling heidi. too much root beer is the start of something good. next thing you know you will be laughing, belching the national anthem and trying to see shapes and things in clouds while laying on your back in the grass

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Whoa. I wrote a short story once about things in the clouds. I can't remember, but I think I posted it here on GR... I think.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I don't drink soda, but Thomas Kemper's is all good. The dairy guy at the farmer's market made me taste a new product and guess what it was this weekend. It was a drinking yogurt, but I couldn't place the flavor at all. It turned out to be root beer; it tasted like a root beer float. I think it was too early in the morning for my taste buds to be on duty.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, time for somebody new to pop in, don't be shy we don't bite (except for Heidi).

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally especially, she won't bite.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Maybe the thread title is scaring the newbies away. What if your pants aren't pulled up yet?

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

As if all noobs have their pants down.

Oh, ew. What a bad mental picture.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the visual Sally :-).

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments now i am picturing them in the basement with one stark lightbulb hanging from a thin cord pecking away on an ancient Dell with a jodie foster poster on the wall beside the lamp with the skin shade

message 28: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Beatles
don't drink bear( prefer wine)
Coffee
Chocolate.
it seems that all newcomers to TC are ghosts.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Now we just have to find a couple Caspers that will come out and play.

And Knarik, bear is pretty hard to drink!

message 30: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Hello! Caspers! Where are you?? (:

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "OK, time for somebody new to pop in, don't be shy we don't bite (except for Heidi)."

Hmmph.

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "Sally especially, she won't bite."

HMMPH.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Maybe Knarik was referring to Heidi too, and was missing a comma, and she actually meant "Don't drink, bear."

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments No worries. I don't (much).

message 35: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 158 comments Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles
Lager or Wheat? Wheat (i like ales)
Coffee or Tea? Ice coffee in the AM...tea any other time
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla

message 36: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments OK, so I thought this thread was the people coming over unannounced thread renamed after somebody (Kevin? RA?) commented about how folks in rural areas put their pants on to answer the door when someone drives up at night.

But now that I've read it:
Beatles
I don't think NA beer comes in fancy flavors.
Coffee (but it makes me jittery, too, Sarah Pi)
Chocolate! (just bought a bag of Hershey's miniatures to take the edge of my stress in this new place)

And...

only if no one's looking.

:)

message 37: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments
Beatles or Rolling Stones? Stones
Lager or Wheat? Both and more
Coffee or Tea? Both and more
Chocolate or Vanilla? Both and more

Do you pick your nose when driving? Yes. I like to dig deep

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Beatles
Both and several more
Coffee!!!
Strawberry

Uh ... no

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

Jaime wrote: "Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles
Lager or Wheat? Wheat (i like ales)
Coffee or Tea? Ice coffee in the AM...tea any other time
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
"

But Jamie, do you pick your nose in the car? Does your left hand get bored and wander up there unbenownst to your civilized nature?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Beatles
Both and several more
Coffee!!!
Strawberry

Uh ... no"

Strawberry wasn't an option Larry!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Larry's a rebel like that, Jim.

message 42: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Sally, I can't pick with the left. I'd just have to switch hands on the wheel.

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You say you wipe it on the wheel, Mindy?

message 44: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Bwahaha! No way!

(Maybe on the side of the seat if there's no napkin available. Then there's always the trusty flick to the passengerside floorboard.)

:D

message 45: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 158 comments haha Sally, forgot to add that part...

Probably have once or twice but not usually...

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

::reminder to self to check shoes upon exiting Mindy's car if ever in the passenger seat::

message 47: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments The Byrds.

I don't like beer.

Tea.

Vanilla.

No.

message 48: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I'll try to remember to vacuum if you ever need a ride from me, Jim.

:)

message 49: by Cosmic Sher (last edited Aug 10, 2009 09:10PM) (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Beatles or Rolling Stones? Um, kinda both... but I like Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show better
Lager or Wheat? Hefferveisen or Corona w/lime
Coffee or Tea? Coffee definitely - double-shot dark espresso mocha with a mix of dark & milk chocolate & hazelnut syrup (I'm a coffee snob cause I used to be a barista and I know what it's supposed to taste like)
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, of course - high quality, rich & luscious... um, what is this vanilla you all talk about?

Edit: No comment about the booger thing. Girls need their privacy, dontcha know.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Mindy wrote: "I'll try to remember to vacuum if you ever need a ride from me, Jim.

:)"

Not too worried about the ones on the floor as opposed to the new ones on top of my shoes. ;-).

« previous 1 3