Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments http://www.bing.com/?FORM=Z9FD3

why is there not more buzz about this or did i miss something. totally cool. great look, simple (i know, so is google), different way to search (it is supposed to cut out dead links and such)and in the video mode you can preview video's in real time.

i like

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments My coworker uses it all the time and has been for a while. I'm a bit of a traditionalist, myself.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments traditional in the sense of google only?

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments "Traditional" as in sticking with what I know (on the internet, everywhere else it's no holds barred). I only started using google about a year ago.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments well i am always in line for new, cool and different plus i like saying "you could Bing it and find out"

message 6: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Aww man, but it's Microsoft!

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i know, i know....but did you see the interface? plus it previews video's. i typed my eldest sons name: Cameron Sprinkle in the search box on the video page and it came up with a few YouTube's that you could roll the mouse on and preview real time. how cool is that?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

But it's Microsoft!

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments so is the OS that most of us are using. don't hate the player jim, hate the game LOL

message 10: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Yeah, I'm totally an anti-Microsoft poser b/c I'm using Windows and Office as we speak, but DAMNIT can't there be one place where they aren't?! I could say the same thing about Google now, too, of course...

message 11: by Knarik (last edited Aug 10, 2009 01:15PM) (new)

Knarik I like this. I will use it. Smth. about it attracts.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is an excellent question. I was wondering about this bing thing as well. I'll check it out. I kind of hate google, although I like their calendar.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "so is the OS that most of us are using. don't hate the player jim, hate the game LOL"

I know Kevin, I'm not a big fan of Google either, I'll look at Bing and maybe even use it.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i like how Knarik just gets to the point

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments that was the rainman wasn't it?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments BunWat wrote: "Aren't these the guys that have been running the tv ads where people just keep helplessly blurting factoids and pop culture references in response to questions? Like,

What time is it?

Fathe..."

Yes, the ads that demonstrate the nondiscriminatory nature of Google search results. Bing supposedly ranks their results by relevance. I really should investigate...

message 17: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments But then how will Bing make any money from companies wanting to optimize searches??? Oh wait, it's Microsoft, it doesn't need any more money...

:)

message 18: by Knarik (last edited Aug 10, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

Knarik If I find Bing more useful than Google I will use and It doesn't matter to me if Microsoft becomes richer because of that . BUT if Microsoft sees what people need and gives them that, meanwhile earning, gaining money, then Microsoft diserves that money.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

My only worry about that Knarik is that it could eventually lead to a lack of competition.

message 20: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I can see your point Jim, but it won't be only Microsoft's fault. Google must work hard to stay competitive.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

That is true Knarik, but if you already have a pretty good monopoly on operating systems, and all the other software you develop integrates with it more smoothly, sometimes it is extremely hard to stay competitive.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i just like using it and going "BING!" out loud when my search results come back instantly

message 23: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Goob.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments If we put them together, their cute celebrity name would be "Going"

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.