The Beatles discussion

BRIAN EPSTEIN

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Brian created the Beatles we love, at least their image. He made them wear suits and those amazing boots. They were wearing leathr b4. Although, they were just as hot in leathr.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments ikr!!!
thx for joining this group it was dead boring b4 this... ;D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

lolzzz

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments seriously! back in june or may I was like commenting on descusions and stuff, and then I realized that the last time somebody had commented, it was like 2 yrs ago! I was like... WOAW!

and then I went away for vacation and now Im back (duh) and theres like tons of people here!!! SO HAPPY!!! :))) :DD

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

woo-hoo! i just nvr thought 2 look 4 beatles groups b4.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

now i found a crap-load!

message 8: by Kristine (new)

Kristine Do you think the Beatles started falling apart because of Brian Epstein's death? Or was that just part of the reason?

message 9: by Zia (new)

Zia | 65 comments Hmmm...a lot of people blame it on Yoko.

message 10: by Zia (new)

Zia | 65 comments I'm not sure about Brian.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

just part. i believe that yoko began 2 drive them apart. nobody, not even brian, went into the recording part of the studio when they were there, but yoko sat in on all the sessions aftr her & john hookd up, and told them all how 2 play their instruments and such. ah, well. like i said, i dislike her, but she made john happy. unfortunately, she drove him even crazier in the process.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments Kristine wrote: "Do you think the Beatles started falling apart because of Brian Epstein's death? Or was that just part of the reason?"

I think it was Brian who kept the organization in the group. Like Caitlyn said, they just wore leather before Brian came. He died in '67 and I really think that he kept the hard part of managing out of their hair. I think that having to find a new manager and making sure he was trustworthy brought arguments already. Paul wanted one guy, John another. I think it kept going downhill from there... but not musically of course. :)

message 13: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments I wrote my research report on Brian, it was excellent if I do say so myself.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yay 4 morgan

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Yes only person in the WHOLE class to get a perfect grade! (200). Everyone else was at most 190. I was ecstatic!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yay 4 morgan!

message 17: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments I was like "anyone else get a 200?" Then there was silence and I was like "guys really none of you have got 200s?" and my friend Sam was like "no it's just cos you wrote about your obsession, if I wrote about Harry Potter I would have got a 200!" So I told her that I didn't write about my obsession, I wrote about the man who made them who they were. Man she was mad.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Well it's the truth! Brian shaped the Beatles into the lovable Liverpudlians we love! He is really an amazing man. Was, anyway. R.I.P Brian! We <3 you!

message 19: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Yeah, Brian is my Jew friend! So are Robert Allan Zimmerman and Albert Einstein!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay Bob Dylan!

message 21: by JT (new)

JT (featherinastorm) | 17 comments Kristine wrote: "Do you think the Beatles started falling apart because of Brian Epstein's death? Or was that just part of the reason?"

I think that it was just part of the reason. Yoko was a part of it, so was Paul and John's failing friendship. Paul was also kind of "taking over" after Brian died, and being bossy, which the others didn't like. Finances and contractual obligations were also a big part of it. John bringing Yoko to recording sessions for the "Get Back" album didn't help, and neither did his friendship with Phil Spector. Yeahhhhh this is what I know, if I am wrong, correct me please.

message 22: by JT (new)

JT (featherinastorm) | 17 comments Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) wrote: "Kristine wrote: "Do you think the Beatles started falling apart because of Brian Epstein's death? Or was that just part of the reason?"

I think it was Brian who kept the organization in the group..."

Agreed agreed.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeppity Yep, Love's usually right on spot.

message 24: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Awwwww you could tell that Brian loved those four boys to death. Just by reading his book (A Cellarful of Noise), you get all these deeper themes about him and The Beatles... makes me even more sad about his far too early death.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved that book!

message 26: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Me too, but I love Brian. "MBE stands for Mr. Brian Epstein" That's what Paul or George (the website wasn't sure) said after they were asked what MBE stands for, 1965. Man I either have to do my PowerPoint, for English, 1st or last, cos I'm going on vacation. I think I'm gonna go first...

message 27: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Do you have an original copy? I do! My dad got it for me on Ebay.

message 28: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Under 5 dollars, which is sad for Brian, but a good deal for us!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgan wrote: "Me too, but I love Brian. "MBE stands for Mr. Brian Epstein" That's what Paul or George (the website wasn't sure) said after they were asked what MBE stands for, 1965. Man I either have to do my Po..."

That's John, I've the interview on DVD.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgan wrote: "Me too, but I love Brian. "MBE stands for Mr. Brian Epstein" That's what Paul or George (the website wasn't sure) said after they were asked what MBE stands for, 1965. Man I either have to do my Po..."

That's John, I've the interview on DVD.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I got an original copy for xmas! its out of print, so we had 2 special order it, but it was worth it!

message 32: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Yeah well mine is, as I said original. And I just wasn't sure who said it, cos the website said one of those two... Thanks for the correction. I got Brian's book so I could do my research report.

message 33: by JT (new)

JT (featherinastorm) | 17 comments Morgan wrote: "Yeah well mine is, as I said original. And I just wasn't sure who said it, cos the website said one of those two... Thanks for the correction. I got Brian's book so I could do my research report."

It's so awesome that you are doing a report on him! :D

message 34: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Already finished! And handed in, now all I have to do is finish the powerpoint to present.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments Incurable Beatlemaniac wrote: "Yeppity Yep, Love's usually right on spot."

<3 Thanks!! ur da bomb lol but ur always so on the spot urself ;D

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments Morgan wrote: "I wrote my research report on Brian, it was excellent if I do say so myself."

THAT IS SOOO COOL! OMG i bet it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish i coulda read it lool

message 37: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments Yeah I'd post it but it's like 5 pages long..

message 38: by Claire E. (new)

Claire E. Omg I just have to say I heard Brian talking in an interview and his accent is so cool! I could listen to it for hours!

message 39: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Prince (ILoveBeatleGeorge) | 12 comments His accent was cool... Like Churchill's was cool. But neither were run of the mill.

message 40: by Damon (new)

Damon (damonmiller) | 13 comments There is a great book called The Love You Take which is really a book about Brian. Brian was great, but he really messed up their finances in the beginning.But I know they probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere without Brian.

message 41: by El-Noor (new)

El-Noor (booknerd07) deleted user wrote: "just part. i believe that yoko began 2 drive them apart. nobody, not even brian, went into the recording part of the studio when they were there, but yoko sat in on all the sessions aftr her & john..."

I know, and that's what makes it all the worse. It's kinda like...bringing a GUY to a girl's night out. It's NOT done. You don't do it. I get that he loved Yoko, but it was THEIR time, NO ONE goes into the recording studio but them. And, honestly, Yoko didn't seem to CARE, really, that she was disrupting them. I don't get that, I mean, wouldn't you fell the tension hanging over your head?

Oh, and I need to rant about her hair. Gosh, every time I see her, I feel this need to take my scissors out and CUT. But, nowadays it's pulled back so I can't say anything. But still... No one intrudes on the guys "time." No wives, no Brian, and NO YOKO!