Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > I'm new!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (kayleeb) | 17 comments Hi everyone,
I'm Kaylee and I'm excited to see that there are other people who enjoy reading clean romances. I'm always looking for reading suggestions, and I love to read a romance novel with ease knowing that I don't have to anticipate any "scenes" as I call them. I have a few I can add to the bookshelf soon as well.

I am an aspiring author, just finishing my first novel (romance, of course), so we'll see what happens. It will be fun joining in the discussions with you all about one of my favorite subjects...books.
Kaylee

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Kaylee. So glad you could join us. :o)

~Jaimey

message 3: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Kaylee! We're so glad to have you here. :-)

message 4: by joy in wonderland (last edited Aug 11, 2009 05:46AM) (new)

joy in wonderland (joyinwonderland) Nice to have this group, though have read books that have this steamy scenes... and such, leave me guilty after reading---:(

That's why i really prefer this clean, wholesome romance---:D

Awww am excited to browse around!!!

message 5: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

joy in wonderland wrote: "Nice to have this group, though have read books that have this steamy scenes... and such, leave me guilty after reading---:(

That's why i really prefer this clean, wholesome romance---:D

Awww a..."

Welcome to the group! We're glad to have ya!

~Jaimey

message 6: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Joy! I love your "Joy in Wonderland" Goodreads name! :-)

joy in wonderland (joyinwonderland) Joyce wrote: "Welcome, Joy! I love your "Joy in Wonderland" Goodreads name! :-)"

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! Yay!

message 8: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Joy:-)

message 9: by TJ (new)

TJ | 48 comments Thank you Jaimey for letting us know about this group, I am now a new member! I was getting worried that I was starting to annoy people in other discussion groups with my views on "steamy" scenes and how I feel a really well written book does not need them to be sexy and fun to read. I can't wait to find out everyones ideas and favorites!

message 10: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

I'm so glad you joined, Tammy! To be totally honest, this group is the only reason I even joined goodreads at all. Joyce, the group creator, had posted a link in an Amazon discussion forum and I was intrigued to find that there were other women out there who prefer to read romance for the romance and not the steam. And let me tell you, it is very encouraging to me as a writer since I REFUSE to add those graphic scenes to my own novels. :o)

message 11: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Is that how you found us, Jaimey? I never knew that before. And here I didn't think anyone was paying attention to me over on Amazon. LOL!

So glad you've joined us, Tammy! Welcome to our little, but growing, group! :-)

message 12: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Tammy!

message 13: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Welcome to the group, Lynn! We're glad to have you here. :o)

message 14: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Lynn!

message 15: by Tristen (new)

Tristen I am also a new member. I am so excited to be able to find some good reads without the guilty feeling as well! I've tried not to watch too many "R" rated movies lately, and my husband gives me a hard time cause a lot of books these days are "R" rated. I am so excited that there are more people out there who like a good wholesome story without all the yuck!

message 16: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 48 comments I am new also and very excited to have found this group! Thanks Jaimey for telling me about ya'll!

message 17: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Wow! So many new members, I can't keep up with you all! But I extend my warmest welcomes Lynn, Tristen, and Cortney! I hope you'll add your favorite "clean reads" to our bookshelf to help it keep growing and that you will find many new (at least , to you) clean reads to enjoy here!

message 18: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Welcome, Tristen and Cortney. We're glad to have you here. :o)

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 9 comments Hi Everyone! I am addicted to novels, and I hate the smutty stuff too. It's wonderful to get some suggestions of clean books to read. Of course, I will also suggest some of the ones off of my shelf in return.

Mel

message 20: by TJ (new)

TJ | 48 comments Welcome Skervydog, (OK the name is a little odd to say in welcome!)

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 9 comments I realized everyone else was using their names after I joined. Is that better?

message 22: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Melanie!

message 23: by TJ (last edited Aug 24, 2009 04:07PM) (new)

TJ | 48 comments I would never mind visiting with a scurvydog but, oh the jokes that could be made! Are you related to any pirates?!?:) I think "Melanie" makes it a little more, hmm, comfortable. Either way glad to have ya!

message 24: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome to our group, Melanie! So glad that you've joined us!

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 9 comments lol. It's actually a nickname from a pirate play I was in way back in High-school. Nice to meet you all.

message 26: by Breanna (new)

Breanna | 18 comments Kaylee wrote: "Hi everyone,
I'm Kaylee and I'm excited to see that there are other people who enjoy reading clean romances. I'm always looking for reading suggestions, and I love to read a romance novel with eas..."

This is so random, but you have the exact same name as my little sister.

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori (losterman1970) | 2 comments Thank you Jaimey for inviting me to the group. I'm excited to be here and I am a huge fan of Jaimey's! She writes great romance!

Lori

message 28: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Breanna and Lori!!!

message 29: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Hi, Lori! I'm so tickled you joined. :o)

Welcome to you, as well, Breanna!

And welcome to anyone I may have missed. We love that this group is growing so rapidly. :o)

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Elizabeth Ready to add another to the list? Hi everyone, I'm new too :)

message 31: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Hi, Sarah! Welcome to the group!

message 32: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 48 comments Hi Sarah, Lori, Breanna, and Melanie!! Welcome,this is a great group and you are going to Love IT!!!

message 33: by TJ (new)

TJ | 48 comments OK, great BIG group hug to all the new members that are joining so quickly! It's so much fun to see so many love it clean!

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalu) | 28 comments Ditto! Thanks!

message 35: by Breanna (new)

Breanna | 18 comments Thank you all for all the welcomes. This is probably the first group that acknowledged that I joined. Thanks!

message 36: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome to all our wonderful new group members! It's so exciting to see this group GROW!

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 9 comments Thanks Everyone! It's great to meet you too!