Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 8/Season 2: Timebomb

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sookieʼs captivity takes an unexpected turn when Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) arrives to do his masterʼs bidding on the eve of the Fellowshipʼs lockdown. In Bon Temps, Sam finds himself in hot water after making a gruesome discovery at Merlotteʼs, and Andy (Chris Bauer) proves no help in coming to his defense. Sent home by Bill, Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Hoyt (Jim Parrack) learn that when it comes to sex, every time is the first time. Tara (Rutina Wesley) and Eggs (Mehcad Brooks) devour a mysterious meal prepared by Maryann, with unexpected results. After Jason pays off his debt to the vampires, Godric (Allan Hyde) looks to enlighten his more single-minded followers

message 2: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Who else SCREAMED every time they moved away from the vamp storyline!!?? Screw Sam, Tara and Maryanne!

Special Ops Jason pulled through awesomely in this episode, from calling Sarah a crazy bitch (grow a brain cell) and racing to save his sister, to shooting Newlin between the eyes, to lol hugging it out with Bill. And telling Newlin he found heaven inside his wife! Oh my Lord, he was great.

And lots of Eric time! He's like a big cat the way he glides around. I was cracking up at his "human" act at the Fellowship.

Eric's reactions to Godric were interesting. Furthers that new consideration he has of humans. If even his maker considers them worthy, maybe he won't see his own curiousity as so foreign.

But I think my favorite Eric moment was at the party. His sheer amusement at Jason when he tells him they're even for now. Everybody likes the stupid puppy.

Freakin' Lorena. Someone stake her. The "alarm clock" and plasma tv comments were hilarious though, as was the fight with Sookie.

Damn, the vamp storyline is exciting!!

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Michelle M. wrote: "Who else SCREAMED every time they moved away from the vamp storyline!!?? Screw Sam, Tara and Maryanne!

Special Ops Jason pulled through awesomely in this episode, from calling Sarah a crazy bit..."

I agree. I can't believe Sarah shot him with a paintball gun. WTF was her point?

The more Jason plays Rambo, the more I heart him. He's so hot but dumb. Kinda like JB Durone.

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments When Maryann was preparing that meal I was seriously nauseated. I was literally watching through my fingers. I was so sick and furious with Eggs and Tara. What is it going to take for them to snap out of it? I understand that they have no control once she has them, but helloooo when Tara cut into that souffle, she should have still had her wits about her and said YUCK WTF is this??

I loved every minute of Eric in this episode. OMG@ his imitation of a human. Too funny. Jason was awesome too. I LOVED when he hugged Bill and then asked how it was for him. Oh my.

Poor Sam!

message 5: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Ranata, Rambo is just what I was thinking! He goes all fierce whenever his sis is insulted and I love love love him for it. And then all poor stupid puppy later. So cute!

But I'm sorry. Have you ever been hit with a paintball at close range? I have. That boy shoulda been cradling his nuts for an hour.

Christy, the bleeding souffle was nasty ass. I wouldn't have touched it! That whole storyline...bah.

message 6: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 3 comments Christy wrote: "When Maryann was preparing that meal I was seriously nauseated. I was literally watching through my fingers. I was so sick and furious with Eggs and Tara. What is it going to take for them to sn..."

I almost threw up, I gaged so bad on the heart thing.

>.<

message 7: by Amelia (last edited Aug 09, 2009 09:01PM) (new)

Amelia | 2 comments Ditto on everything you said Michelle!

Jason and Eric were my faves tonite! The "heaven inside your wife comment made me shout out "OWNED!" lmao

And the Bill/Jason hug ... XD I craxked up!

When Bill burst into the church I just rolled my eyes and thought ... "here we go! It's Bill the hero as always!"

I LOVED Eric in this episode! He smiled a lot. His human impression just about made me pee my pants. LMAO

OMG I was sick too with the souffle made me quesy too! I was thinking.... Seriously Tara? Do you not see the bright red? That aint spaghetti! UGH so GROSS!

That Sookie/Lorena fight .... Oh Snap Sookie! I was thinking ... Sookie... I dig the whole "Back up off my man" bit but seriously.... She's a vamp. She will kill you with a pinky if she wants to. And Bill just standing around doing nothing. HMPF!

I don't feel bad for Lorena though. She's a crazy psycho bitch. I have a feeling she is going to continue her shit.

DIE MARYANN DIE! PLEASE JUST DIE!

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) LOL, Amelia. Owned is right. And I was so rolling my eyes at Sainted Bill. It's just too much.

I love how Godric humiliated Newlin, and how Sookie ran to remove Eric's chains.

Still annoyed at one lil thing. Bill said Eric bringing Lorena in was feeble and desperate. I agree, and that ain't Eric, dammit!

message 9: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 2 comments I love how Lorean got knocked down a peg by Godric! bout damn time!

And that texan vamp guy with the cowboy hat ..... did you notice him watching Lorena and Sookie's confrontation? LMAO he had this look on his face like .... Ohhhh catfight!

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) They so provided the entertainment for the evening.

I have such a hard time with Stan and his cowboy hat. I keep wanting him to be my lovely Nathan Stark, looking delicious in a suit. Sigh.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Oh, so many thoughts...

So, Godric wasn't planning to off himself after all? He seemed so sad though, and I can't make out Eric's reaction to his maker's "change of heart". That scene when he showed up in the sanctuary was pretty effing cool, and artistic, too. Up at the altar, you saw one leader in his white clothing, and in the balcony, another in white clothing. Not to mention that bit about him being older than "your Jesus"; I think a lot of the FotS folks were a bit impressed by that.

That conversation between Bill and Jason was so awkward, it was like watching two uber-straight men talk about their feelings. But the hug and Jason's "Was that OK for you?" comment, just about made me cry I was laughing so hard.

I think Jason really done everyone proud in this episode: the vampires, Sookie, his mamma, the viewers, Jesus, you name it. I know I was proud. :-) He better keep his nose clean, though. I have a feeling that Eric's knowing smile at the end of his little talk with Jason sort of contradicted his words. He was essentially telling Jason that he hopes he doesn't cross paths with him as an offender, but his smile seemed to say, "I know your weakness and I plan to exploit it." STAY AWAY FROM LAFAYETTE, JASON!!!

When Sam was alone in Merlotte's sitting at the bar and about to call the cops about Daphne in the freezer, I liked how they made him look so alone with the lighting. Everything around him was dark until the red and blue lights started flashing. Brilliant! Maryann needs to die; I realize that would be a deviation from the book, but in the book, the maenad was WAY fluffier than Maryann is in the show.

Mike Spencer's crime puzzles me. How exactly does one sodomize a pine tree? I mean, how do you know it's sodomy? Is there a "normal" way to have sex with a tree? I looked this up to see if it was actually a law, and while I couldn't find it, I wouldn't have been surprised if I did. After all, in Louisiana there are laws stating the illegality of alligator stealing and gargling in public.

While looking, I came across a part of the Louisiana code that prohibits certain ritualistic acts (RS 14:107.1) like human sacrifice or eating human parts. It's ironic, but if Bud and Kenya would just listen to Andy (and if Sam would tell them what he knows), they could totally arrest Maryann for suspicion of breaking that law...not that it would do any good, but still....

message 12: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca It was an awesome episode.

Love the relationship between Godric and Eric. Did you notice how Eric kept trying to get lower than Godric? Kneeling once, then squatting down when Godric was sitting. He has such loyalty and admiration for Godric. I hope he sticks around long enough for us to see more of this side of Eric.

And Jason's back to being a sweetie. Loved him hugging Bill and punching out Newlin.

message 13: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sarah, very good point with both leaders being in white, facing off. One calling for peace, the other for bloodshed. It was quite a moment, and made Newlin appear so pathetic, so small.

message 14: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Newlin (when Bill rushes in): Honestly, what do they see in you?

Jason: It's like he sucked out my brain and planted all his own babies in there. (Is that really what he said? Babies? Oh, dumdum.)

Godric: I am actually older than your Jesus. I wish I could have known him, but I missed it.

Lorena: Did you know your boyfriend hit me over the head with a 52" plasma television earlier tonight? Everyone says they're so thin and light, but let me tell you, when wielded properly, it's quite a weapon. I hope he doesn't pull the same shennanigans with you. There is no excuse for domestic violence.

message 15: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments great episode i especially love the Jason/Bill hug lol
I guess in the show they didn't want to have Sookie hear the "bomb" comming and warn everyone.

message 16: by Kenna (last edited Aug 10, 2009 12:43AM) (new)

Kenna (kennas) I died when Bill hit Lorena in the head with the TV. Now THAT’S priceless, Master Card!

I’m sorry, but I just could not take Newlin seriously with that big green splat in the middle of his forehead. I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants during that whole church thing.

The whole Sookie/Lorena scene is why I HATE parties. Someone always gets drunk and picks a fight squalling because some chick snatched another chick’s boyfriend and then there’s a chick fight with a lot of hair pulling. It was like Jerry Springer on V. And Sookie was mouthy again. I have to say, I honestly expected the hand that grabbed Lorena by the neck to be Eric. You just don’t fuck with Sookie while he’s around and that’s what Lorena was doing.

Sara’s dress was pretty. Did anyone else notice how her dress matched Steve’s tie? Her dress looked good but his tie looked like someone made it with a couch cushion.

Poor Andy. No one believes him about the dress wearing bull. Or the pig.

And I think I saw my brain when my eyeballs rolled so far back in my head as Super Bill came to the rescue. WTF. All he needed was a dumbass looking cape.

I do have to give props to the makeup/special effects department on Lorena’s blood tears looking realistic. Tears come out of the middle of your eyes when you cry, not the corners. If they hadn’t been red, Ida sworn that the actress that played Lorena was really crying.

And yes, I screeched like a backwoods banshee when they deviated from the storyline. There was WAY too much party talking crap! They could have cut half of that out and continued the Lafayette storyline.

Jessica and Hoyt. "I don’t know what you heard but those were screams of pleasure" Poor girls gonna be a virgin forever. I don’t think Hoyt minded in the least, do you?

Anyone know what was up with the Tarot cards? What was the Justice card supposed to represent?

I am so over Maryanne.

message 17: by Leslie (last edited Aug 10, 2009 12:50AM) (new)

Leslie | 73 comments o god and who else feels bad for Jessica! I never saw that one coming.

message 18: by Morgan (last edited Aug 10, 2009 06:49AM) (new)

Morgan (neimanmarxist) | 80 comments I am so incredibly sick of the Maryann storyline! Get a clue Eggs and Tara. I did like seeing Tara get smacked around though. :)

I love Jessica and Hoyt! They are probably one of my favorite parts of the show at the moment.

Godric is awesome. "I am actually older than your Jesus...", that was one of my favorite lines in the show last night. Eric and Godric's relationship is interesting, and I wonder how Godric's respect for humans will change Eric's POV. Godric is super sexy, I am totally loving his calm, lightly accented voice.

I am glad that Jason is out of the Fellowship, and through (hopefully) with the Newlins.

The jail cells were looking pretty full in Bon Temps! Between Andy's crazy drunken rants, all the debauchery taking place and people blacking out for days/hours at a time you think someone would make a connection...

Great episode!

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Ok, I'm going to break this down character by character :)

Jason - Number one on my list because I am loving him so much right now. I adore him, I really do. It's hilarious how dopey and gullible he can be about everything EXCEPT when it comes to his sister (which will make the *SPOILER* Hotshot story line more interesting... if they choose to show it). Big "BOOYAH!" from me last night when he said, "I found heaven inside your wife," to Steve. Take that you f***head! Lol. The conversation between Jason and Eric, and Jason and Godric, was funny. I think Jason may have wet himself a little bit HOWEVER why the heck was Jason at that party? Wasn't pleased with that. The Bill moment... I thought I saw a glimpse of book Jason at that point because, if I remember correctly, doesn't Jason try to like Bill? He wants to like him, I believe and this scene seemed like a step in that direction for him.

Eric - Being the one to rescue Sookie = Awesome, Being "sold out" by Bill = Not so awesome. I mean really... I bet they don't even show Bill running off after the FOTS people and leaving Sookie behind in the next episode now... Eric was so charming in this episode and I feel like the viewer is getting to see another side to him. You can see the wheels turning in his head; he's more than fascinated with the ideas of humans and vampires being equal and even more fascinated with being in love with a human (did you see his face when [can't remember her name now...:] said that she loved Hugo?) I think Eric WANTS to know love... and he wants to know it with Sookie ;)

Speaking of, Sookie - Okay, Okay so Sookie may be one hardcore woman in the books, but she is NOT suicidal and she may get up in Eric's face but there is no way that she would put her life on the line like the way she did with Lorena last night (*SPOILER* In the next book, when she does kick Lorena's ass, it's to save Bill [/rolls eyes:] and its because Lorena FOR REAL was going to kill her*). I did like that she took the chains off of Eric, though. I was like "FINALLY SOMETHING to work with DANG!" Lol

Bill - Of course Bill is going to come in to save the day... this made me want to puke almost as much as Maryann's pot pie. Then, of course, Bill is going to be outside when the bomb goes off. Wasn't he supposed to be inside the party flirting with another woman? Did I make that up? Maybe I'll check later. Kudos to him, though, for knocking Lorena upside the head and grabbing Barry (where is Barry anyway?).

Before I forget, what was up with that escape from the church?!? Where was the high-speed chase? The ER? The Weres??? That was, like, one of the things that I REALLY wanted to see this season... hmpf :(

Sam - That plot line was predictable buttttt you dummy! Why the heck were you going to cover up a crime that you didn't commit? As soon as the pulled out the trash bags, I was like "...really, Sam? You're supposed to be the level-headed one on the show!" I am glad, however, that he's in jail that way, if Maryann pulls anymore stunts, he can't be blamed. Although, after her conversation with Tara and Eggs last night, I don't think she's going to be doing too much more... for now.

Godric - Um, hi. Who are you? Because my book Godric is way different. Did you actually intend to kill yourself? Where was that explanation, by the way? Hmmm maybe after the FOTS's suicide bomber does his little number, Godric will realize that his efforts are in vain and meet the sun anyway? Idk.

Tara, Eggs - Idiots.
Maryann - Just please die already? Gosh that sounds bad...
Andy - I so love you for trying.
Steve - "Kill me" ? Really? Hmmm wasn't expecting that.

This episode totally had some of the best quotes all season. Some definite classics :)

message 20: by cjbt57 (last edited Aug 10, 2009 08:42AM) (new)

cjbt57 I am SO SICK AND TIRED of Maryanne. She's gross with all her heart eating (feel bad for Daphne btw). Tara and Eggs are getting on my nerves with their stupidity too.

Does anybody else think Sookie was actually good in this episode? Loved how she stood up for her man to Lorena! Reminded me of the book Sookie.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Eric....but WTF was that shirt he was wearing.

Aww Jason. What a sweet idiot he is. I think it's so cute how he gets all macho when they talk badly about Sookie. Loved the scene between him and Bill.

Btw, did anybody notice the HUGE height difference between Eric and Bill? Kinda funny.

Oh and I really like Andy. What a great character! I love his descriptions of Maryanne (bull with claws, big claws) and how classic was PIIIIIIIIG!

Hoyt & Jessica are my favorite couple. They're so cute together! But WTF is up with her you know what growing back everytime they have sex?! That SUCKS! There must be a way to fix this!

message 21: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Oh yea, forgot about the "forever virgin" thing... poor girl... lucky guy... lol

message 22: by CindyToo (new)

CindyToo | 107 comments Best...episode...ever. Thanks AB!

message 23: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Michelle M. wrote: I have such a hard time with Stan and his cowboy hat. I keep wanting him to be my lovely Nathan Stark, looking delicious in a suit. Sigh."

I so feel ya on that sister!!! He just can not pull off that cowboy hat! ;)

message 24: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze)
Allison, why shouldn't Jason be at the party? Where else would he go after the showdown?

I have to rewatch the Isabelle scene to see Eric's face in the background. I was too busy feeling sorry for Isabelle and looking for red tears to start flowing.

Once they'd put Jason at the FotS camp, I knew the weres would be out. Maybe they'll throw some in toward the end of season to create a bridge.

But I really did love Rambo Jason throughout the whole standoff. So much so, that for once I wasn't focusing on the differences between book and show!

Now, if only Super Bill would get staked with some kryptonite.

message 25: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Kenna: "It was like Jerry Springer on V..."

Lol. I thought it was going to be Eric's hand too, since he seemed to be paying such close attention to Sookie at the party.

"...his tie looked like someone made it with a couch cushion."

Truer words were never spoken.

message 26: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Michelle M. wrote: "
Allison, why shouldn't Jason be at the party? Where else would he go after the showdown?

I have to rewatch the Isabelle scene to see Eric's face in the background. I was too busy feeling sorry..."

Well, I mean, in the book he wasn't at the party. That's what I was referring to.

Just remembered something, though. Anyone else find it oddly symbolic that Jason shot Steve N. exactly where he was trained to shoot vampires? Maybe I'm looking at it too analytically... Could mean something...

message 27: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Allison, I think that whole scene was designed to show who the true monster was, from both he and Godric wearing white, to Godric asking for peace and Newlin death, to Jason using Followship boot camp tactics to hit Newlin. I think all of it was very much on purpose!

Susan, LOL!

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments anyone else think godric will throw himself in front of the lukinator?

message 29: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Becky wrote: "anyone else think godric will throw himself in front of the lukinator? "

YES! I was kind of thinking the same thing. It would take the place of his meeting the sun. I like Godric, though, so kind of hope not.

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I was thinking of something like that, but there's still more than enough carnage.

If so, I'm so eager to see Eric after. He was so obviously happy to have found Godric safe and have him return to his nest. Oh the repercussions if Godric dies.

message 31: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Eric will be shaken and upset. He could turn to Sookie as Pam won't be readily available? That would be nice.

message 32: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments It seems like Eric has gotten taller. I remember when I first saw him last season and I thought he wasn't big enough to play Eric. Now this season, especially last night, he just looked huge next to EVERYONE. What's up. Not that I'm complaining. He is smokin hot! I'm not even on Team Eric (not on any team, I love em all in the books; even Quinn). I think I'm definitely Team Eric for the show though. I loved that Sookie ran to get the chains off and Bill looked annoyed. :)

message 33: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Ditto, Christy! As for Eric, Skarsgard is 6'4" or so. I think they're just doing a lot more shots angled upward to emphasize his height.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Newlin (when Bill rushes in): Honestly, what do they see in you?

Jason: It's like he sucked out my brain and planted all his own babies in there. (Is that really what he said? Babies? Oh, dumdum..."

I have another one for you.

Kenya: (walking Sam past the other "perps") It's been a helluva night - must be a full moon.
Sam: I'm pretty sure it's not.

Kenna wrote: "Anyone know what was up with the Tarot cards? What was the Justice card supposed to represent?"

I'm no expert, but Justice generally represents equality, truth, and self-examination. Since it appears as a future card for Tara, it would seem that because she is not listening to her conscience now (which must be screaming at her), there will be consequences. The ultimate goal of justice is balance, and unfortunately for Tara, that balance may cost her dearly.

message 35: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sarah, that was a good one. Sam would know, after all!

Thanks for the tarot info!

message 36: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (spinner26) | 58 comments Aaaahhhh.....the idea that Godric will throw himself on the bomb is genious. But I also hope he doesn't. He is such a cutie, but unless Ball completely changes the story, he should be gone before the season is over.

I'm getting so aggrivated with Tara. At least, Eggs is coming to some kind of conclusion that something isn't right, and he thinks he did something bad. But just as soon as he comes to the next realization, Maryanne will feed them another crazy pot pie and make them forget.

And you guys were saying that it is a good thing that Sam is in jail so that he can't be framed for Maryanne's shenanigans, but don't you think she framed him and purposefully put him in jail? I think so....and I'm not thinking it is a good thing!

message 37: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Well, of course she framed him. There's no doubt about that. However, if she continues her "activities" whilst Sam is imprisoned, then that draws suspicion elsewhere... possibly negating Sam's conviction.

message 38: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Amelia wrote: "Ditto on everything you said Michelle!

Jason and Eric were my faves tonite! The "heaven inside your wife comment made me shout out "OWNED!" lmao

And the Bill/Jason hug ... XD I craxked up!

..."

That's what I"m saying about Sooke being all bad ass to Lorena. If Lorena told him to stand down, what could he have done though? I'm mad about Barry being tasted and Bill doing nothing about THAT. Sookie would not have appreciated that. Where did Bill take him anyway?

message 39: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (spinner26) | 58 comments Allison - of course I know she framed him. But she put him there on purpose...you know she has a reason. She didn't just put Sam in jail for the sake of putting Sam in jail. She's got to have an ulterior motive for putting him there I think. I'm sure she can get to him while he is locked up...

Oh, the beauty of not knowing what will happen!

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments i forgot about lorena biting barry. shes gonna use barry somehow to get to sookie. you guys see her on the preview for next week?

message 41: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) I always forget about the previews and then delete the show before I watch them. Grrr!

message 42: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I'm thinking that Ball has explained away a little of the Maker-Hold Lorena has on Bill for the show. Bill has mentioned twice, and we SAW in a flashback, that she released him. It seems, in the show at least, that even though he will never be stronger than his maker, she can't actually control him mentally anymore. In the book he was compelled to answer her call. Not so in the show. SHE was called, and then used her strength to keep him in the room.

message 43: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Kandice, which makes me wonder if anything on the vamp side will be true to the book, yet we'll still apparently see King Russell. I just can't imagine why we go there now.

Unless crazed, scorned Lorena just kidnaps Bill and has him held captive for revenge.

But that will bring us straight back to Super Bill! Will Bill ever do anything WRONG in this show?

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Will Bill ever do anything WRONG in this show?"

Bill has already done wrong in the show. He neglected to tell Sookie about Jessica, and that was pretty bad.

*****SPOILER ALERT: DEAD UNTIL DARK*****

As I recall, it's not really until the second book when the FotS fanatics mount an attack on Stan's nest that we first see Bill let Sookie down. He wasn't there to protect her, and he seemed more intent on retaliation. It actually frightened Sookie to see this side of him, and it forces her to reevaluate what she knows about him.

*****END SPOILER ALERT*****

I'll bet that Bill's motives are revealed in the show, perhaps even sooner in the storyline than they were revealed in the books. True Blood goes for the drama, and I have a feeling that the Sookie/Bill relationship has been sweetened and built up so that it will heighten the drama for viewers when things start to fall apart.

*****SPOILER ALERT: CLUB DEAD*****

Plus, I think Lorena still has a hold on Bill. I think he oversimplified their relationship to Sookie by telling her that Lorena has no hold on him, and it will be the beginning of his downfall when that assertion proves to be false.

Someone refresh my memory: Isn't Bill's database the "official" underlying reason why Lorena summons him to Mississippi and into her trap of torture? If so, they could totally go with that on True Blood; show-Bill seems to have computer geek potential. :-)

message 45: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sarah, you're right...I'd put the Jessica situation out of my head. And yet, since he was forced into it AND the fallback was so minor, he still came up smelling like roses as far as I'm concerned.

"...I have a feeling that the Sookie/Bill relationship has been sweetened and built up so that it will heighten the drama for viewers when things start to fall apart."

I agree. But there's a difference between sweet and ooey gooey saccharine. I'm ready for the shake up!

Plus, I'm thinking ahead. In the books, Bill was ready to dump Sookie and pension her off. Super Bill wouldn't do that, so I'm wondering how it'll go.

If True Blood is keeping the idea that a vamp's maker can compel him, why wouldn't Lorena have used that to keep Bill in the room? Instead of using physical means to hold him?

Yes to the database question. Lorena lures Bill in (and gets her rocks off) and Russell gets the database--that was the plan at least. I heard Russell will be in the show next season, so there's a good chance of Wii-playing Bill getting his geek on!

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments ****** SPOILER ALLERT ***********

rem mickey and tara. he didnt have to go right when his maker called. he could stay away as long as he wanted but eric said the longer he did the harsher the punishment

message 47: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Just looked. It's like the borg. Resistance is futile in the end:

"He's hers. She's his sire...he has to go to her when she calls him, and she's calling."
"Not on the phone, I take it," I ventured.
"No, she won't need a phone. He's trying to run away, but he'll go to her eventually."

And Sookie mentions throughout the books how Bill HAD to go to Lorena, was compelled to.

So in the books, I guess you can resist for a while if you're so inclined, but obeying is inevitable. You still have to give in to it eventually.

Maybe it's just the "calling" alone that's irresistible. Your maker can compel you to come to him, but he can't make you do anything more than that. I think that makes sense within the context of the books...

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Michelle M. wrote: "In the books, Bill was ready to dump Sookie and pension her off."

I don't remember that. I remember him being distracted in Club Dead, leaving the country for work at the beginning of Dead to the World, and desparately trying to get back in Sookie's good graces in every book after that. Your interpretation of Bill's character from the books does seem to be shared by many who comment on these discussion threads, and it would explain the ubiquitous Bill-hating remarks.

I know that Bill's relationship with Sookie on the show seems, as you put it, "ooey gooey saccharine" (LOL!), but I feel that it only seems that way to those of us who've read the books because we've read the books. We know the atmosphere of their relationship is a deviation from the books and we know what's coming. It's easy to get frustrated with the show because of this, but if Alan Ball continues to stay (mostly) true to the books, Bill will betray Sookie.

message 49: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sarah, you're totally right about my knowledge of the books coloring my opinion of the show. But their relationship is so dreamy that I think I'd be frustrated by it anyway! :)

As for the pensioning off, from the beginning of Club Dead:
"He was--he became--instantly enthralled with her...After a few nights, he called Pam to say that he was coming home early without telling you, so he could arrange your future care before he saw you again."

message 50: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 22 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Sarah, you're totally right about my knowledge of the books coloring my opinion of the show. But their relationship is so dreamy that I think I'd be frustrated by it anyway! :)

As for the pensio..."

I think when I read about Bill pensioning Sookie off in Club Dead I officially hated him and went fully on Team Eric! It seems like Bill really hates Lorena in the show so I don't know how it is going to play out if they are staying fairly true to the show. Sookie is going to need Bill to do something really bad to push her into Eric's arms!

« previous 1