Authors Society discussion

Introductions > Radium Halos, A novel about the Radium Dial Painters

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Stout | 12 comments Hi to everyone. I wanted to let you all know my novel has been published as an ebook. It is available in all formats (including MS Word), and it's historical fiction. My novel is based on the true story of the Radium Dial painters of the 1920s and 30s. Young women factory workers were exposed to radiation while painting watch and clock dials with radium-laced paint.

Please see links below for reviews, first chapter, and to order a copy:

http://girlebooks.com/ebook-catalog/s...

http://www.amazon.com/Radium-Halos-Gi...

My Facebook Fan page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/...

Thanks very much!
Shelley Stout

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Blake | 13 comments Shelley wrote: "Hi to everyone. I wanted to let you all know my novel has been published as an ebook. It is available in all formats (including MS Word), and it's historical fiction. My novel is based on the true ..."

Shelley,
This sounds like a story that needs to be told. Good for you. Congratulations on getting it to be an e-book.
I have wanted to make my book an e-book on Amazon, but I don't know how. How does one do that?

message 3: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Stout | 12 comments Elizabeth, thank you for your message. There are many ways for a novel to be published as an ebook, such as self-publishing on Smashwords.com or Amazon. I knew nothing about it until I contacted my publisher, and fortunately she was very knowledgeable, as she was already familiar with free downloads of the classics.

Here's a great article on the subject: http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/...

All best,
Shelley

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Blake | 13 comments Shelley wrote: "Elizabeth, thank you for your message. There are many ways for a novel to be published as an ebook, such as self-publishing on Smashwords.com or Amazon. I knew nothing about it until I contacted my..."

Great info. Thanks so much.

message 5: by Crin (new)

Crin | 6 comments Shelley wrote: "Hi to everyone. I wanted to let you all know my novel has been published as an ebook. It is available in all formats (including MS Word), and it's historical fiction. My novel is based on the true ..."

I probably am not doing this correctly but I have to say I am interested in the pros and cons of publishing ebooks so your information is timely for me. Thanks

message 6: by Crin (new)

Crin | 6 comments Shelley wrote: "Hi to everyone. I wanted to let you all know my novel has been published as an ebook. It is available in all formats (including MS Word), and it's historical fiction. My novel is based on the true ..."

I also very much like your topic. What happens to folks as a result of struggles with life I find deeply interesting.

message 7: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Stout | 12 comments Thank you for your message! The topic is one that may seem depressing, but I have been getting good feedback from readers that I was able to make it a light and enjoyable read.

Shelley

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (paguthrie) | 26 comments Your topic seems facsinating if not a bit depressing.
So was Upton Sinclair's The Jungle.

Question: is this available on Kindle?

I love taking a current and controversial topic and turning it into a work of fiction that I can manipulate for my set of characters. I wish you luck with your book. If it's on E book it should be on Kindle.

The first book I had published (there were four written before that) was In the Arms of the Enemy.
This was taken from the events that surrounding a corrupt horse show world during the last decade.
A man was being paid to be a "hit man" to kill valuable show horses for gobs of money.As many of the persons involved may or may not be in jail now,
I changed the setting to the race track (where it probably was going on also).

Point being, I love taking controversial history and drawing a story around it.

Good luck with your book.

Pat

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Stout | 12 comments Hello Pat. Yes it is available on Kindle now, and will soon be in paperback (trade) on Amazon and the publisher's website.

I agree about taking a current topic and setting a story around it. Story ideas are everywhere!

Shelley