Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Who will die in Echo?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Hello everyone,
I saw in another discussion group that the big question is Who will die in Echo? Any ideas?

message 2: by Glenda (new)

Glenda (GlendaBeth) | 8 comments Isn't it about time for Jocosta to go? Hiram Crombie would be no great loss either. However, I have a feeling it will be someone back at Lallybroch - Ian, maybe...

message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Glenda wrote: "Isn't it about time for Jocosta to go? Hiram Crombie would be no great loss either. However, I have a feeling it will be someone back at Lallybroch - Ian, maybe..."

NO NO NOT Ian!! I'm with you, Away with the Auld one!

message 4: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Jocasta went to Canda, so I don't expect to hear much out of her.

Glenda when you suggest Ian are you talking about wee Ian or his dad?

I don't want any of the main characters to die.

message 5: by Glenda (new)

Glenda (GlendaBeth) | 8 comments Teryl wrote: "Jocasta went to Canda, so I don't expect to hear much out of her.

Glenda when you suggest Ian are you talking about wee Ian or his dad?

I don't want any of the main characters to die."

I don't think it will be young Ian - I think he has a much bigger part in the story.

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments Something will take Jamie and claire back to Scotland. I think that it might be a death in the family. Maybe Jenny. Or it could just be that he goes back to get his Printing Press.

I don't think it will be Jocasta. She has pretty much left the story at this point.

I hope Wee Ian will get to have some love and happiness in this one.

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Wendy wrote: "Something will take Jamie and claire back to Scotland. I think that it might be a death in the family. Maybe Jenny. Or it could just be that he goes back to get his Printing Press.

I don't think..."

I saw on another post that maybe it would be Leghair!!! maybe murdered..... I can see it now..Ex convicted jacobite suspected of the murder of wife #2!

message 8: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Logahaire (or Leghair as Cynthia says, lol) is a good guess. She does have the mystery man and all, plus she wouldn't much of a loss.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments I hope we at least get to find out what Jenny didn't say in her letter about Leg Hair.

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments yes, Leghair found muuuurrdered...shaving razor found near scene...

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments heheheheheheheehehehehehe!

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Lizzie is my vote.

But Loaghaire is an interesting thought. Very interesting. Jenny accused? Hmmm. Diana does love to slip those murder mysteries in there.

And if Diana leaves us with that mystery, at the end of this book, I'll spend five years tearing my hair out. Like, it will grow back and I'll start tearing it out all over again. I swear.

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments I hear ya Renee! I wouldn't mind if Lizzie got taken out...but it could be the Big White Sow or Rollo! ya know how tricky Diana is!

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments It's not so much that I want Lizzie to die. But there is going to be the problem with the delivery and her having twins...I wonder if she'll make it.

Oh, not the white sow! She's one of my favorite characters. Come to that so is Rollo. ;)

--

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Renee wrote: "It's not so much that I want Lizzie to die. But there is going to be the problem with the delivery and her having twins...I wonder if she'll make it.

Oh, not the white sow! She's one of my favor..."

My good friend pulled me aside one day awhile back and said " you do know these are just characters and not real don't you?" Yes...I haven't totally lost my grip on reality! but I do get very involved! I would be very upset if Rollo or the Sow died.....

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Ha, they just don't understand.

Aren't they still dissecting Dickens in classrooms? That's kind of what we're doing here. Discussing motivations, etc. We're just not getting graded on it. Yay!

--

message 17: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Renee wrote: "Ha, they just don't understand.

Aren't they still dissecting Dickens in classrooms? That's kind of what we're doing here. Discussing motivations, etc. We're just not getting graded on it. Yay!
..."

Touche Renee! I love the discussions!

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela (AngelaH110) | 40 comments Renee wrote: "It's not so much that I want Lizzie to die. But there is going to be the problem with the delivery and her having twins...I wonder if she'll make it.
Is this the part from the excerpts? The twins thing?
'cause if thats the case she ends up having a girl. and this time she doesn't have the easy delivery like when she had Rodney. (poetic justice I say). I might just be confused from reading too many excerpts. Set me straight Please!!!

message 19: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Yes, it's from an excerpt at Diana's site. Lizzie is pregs with twins and Claire has to decide if it's the twins or Lizzie that live.

Where did you read that she has a girl?

--

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (AngelaH110) | 40 comments Renee wrote: Yes, it's from an excerpt at Diana's site. Lizzie is pregs with twins and Claire has to decide if it's the twins or Lizzie that live.

Where did you read that she has a girl?

I read about the delivery in the pre-publication book from Borders. She delivers a girl and has a tough time of it.

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments I read this excerpt a while back. It does NOT say for sure that it was twins. Sorry about that.
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gab...

Well, if you read the Borders then that must be the proper one, right?

I'm glad Lizzie doesn't die. :)

--

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy Osborn | 17 comments I guess it depends upon whether they go back to Scotland to pick up Jamie's printing press as he mentions at the end of BOSAA or whether a death forces them to go back.

A death makes a lot more sense, though. Going back for the press seemed an awful lot of effort to me, when Jared could easily send it on his ship.

Maybe Leghair murders her secret boyfriend and Marsali insists they go back to help her?

message 23: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Amy wrote: "I guess it depends upon whether they go back to Scotland to pick up Jamie's printing press as he mentions at the end of BOSAA or whether a death forces them to go back.

A death makes a lot more se..."

What if Leghair's secret boyfriend is related to Jamie....or is a girlfriend?

message 24: by Amy (new)

Amy Osborn | 17 comments A GIRLFRIEND, yes! Good thought!

message 25: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Amy wrote: "A GIRLFRIEND, yes! Good thought!"
Hee Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

message 26: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Hey, I already posted that thought! :P Actually, it was my friend's idea but she never has time to post here.

--

message 27: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments I don't know, it is my thought that Jamie will have to go get the press because since the ridge home is gone he will have to make a living somehow. But having them in twon would be much more convenient to be involved in the fighting. He would be able to participate in the debates and intrigue more easily.

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy Osborn | 17 comments I didn't really understand going back for the press. Fergus has the print shop...although I guess they could use a second one. It just seemed an odd thought for Jamie to have, to me.

Being in town will also allow them to meet famous people from the revolution, too!

message 29: by Cynthia (last edited Aug 22, 2009 08:01AM) (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Renee wrote: "Hey, I already posted that thought! :P Actually, it was my friend's idea but she never has time to post here.

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com"

Amy wrote: "I guess it depends upon whether they go back to Scotland to pick up Jamie's printing press as he mentions at the end of BOSAA or whether a death forces them to go back.

A death makes a lot more se..."

Yes...I was just forwarding the thought..

message 30: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments I don't understand why Jamie has to stay for the war, period. Claire knows that the British lose. Jamie's participation is not needed for Bree to have her free country to grow up in.

I think they may decide to leave when Jamie has to face William in battle and swears he won't do it.

As far as the printing press...Well, DG did change where Claire and Jamie intended to go between 'Outlander' and 'Dragonfly In Amber'. They ended up in France instead. So, she could just as easily decide they don't want the press.

Besides, if Jamie leaves won't that be considered desertion? He wouldn't be able to come back to the colonies once he decided to go.

--

message 31: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Renee wrote: "I don't understand why Jamie has to stay for the war, period. Claire knows that the British lose. Jamie's participation is not needed for Bree to have her free country to grow up in.

I think the..."

If they go back, do you think wee Ian will go with them?

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy Osborn | 17 comments Absolutely! He misses his Mom. :)

message 33: by Gracee (new)

Gracee  | 20 comments ..Leghair... that name will never leave me now.. thanks group :)

~can't wait till 9/22

message 34: by trish (new)

trish warren (trishwarren) | 35 comments From one of the excerpts previously posted (by Diana on compuserve somewhere also on Jari's website http://sinijari.fi/linkit/outlander/e...)
we do know that Ian goes to Scotland with them.......if I'm rememebering right.

message 35: by Renee (new)

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments I would terribly, terribly miss Ian if he's left in Scotland. He might miss home, but I think he's had a taste of the world and adventure that won't let Scotland keep him. And there's really nothing there for him at Lallybroch once he gets over maybe missing his family a bit.

I wonder how Jenny will react to the tatoos? Hahaha.

--

message 36: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Renee wrote: "I would terribly, terribly miss Ian if he's left in Scotland. He might miss home, but I think he's had a taste of the world and adventure that won't let Scotland keep him. And there's really nothin..."

I think she would be very surprised and shocked, but at the same time thankful that he is no longer with the Indians!