NYC Chick-lit discussion

Book Club Pick

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Meredith For the first book I thought that we could either read Mine Are Spectacular or The Twins of Tribeca. It didnt look like any of you read either of these two. Let me know what your choice is and we'll go with the majority.

message 2: by Christy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Christy (christylewis) Hi all! I just joined. I live in NC in a tiny, small, nothing-here town in the western part of the state. Imagine NYC. Now, imagine the opposite. That's where I live. NYC is, for the time being, only a dream for me. I want to visit there one day, though, and I love to read NYC chick lit books. I believe somewhere I have a copy of Mine Are Spectacular. Just need to find it. Looking forward to learning NYC from the pros - people who really live there!!! :)

message 3: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Meredith Ok so lets do The Twins of Tribeca by Rachel Pine. Lets try to have it read by beginning of September I guess. That should be enough time. Enjoy everyone!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hi, i just joined this group. where do you normally meet? beginning of september works for me... look forward to reading good books! cheers.

message 5: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Meredith Not sure yet. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them. We could either meet in person or do it online. Whatever the group prefers.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

it would probably be more fun to meet in person if we can coordinate schedules and have everyone rsvp. i can't really think of meeting places though...

message 7: by stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:55AM) (new)

stephanie (furies) | 3 comments i'm all for meeting somewhere. we could do . . . a b&n or a coffee shop, or something like that. i ordered the book but it hasn't gotten here yet (sad!) but i'll be ready when the time comes. yay!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

that sounds good... i'm not sure where people are located, but there's a few good places in union square that can accommodate 5-10 people well.
i just got my book today! hope yours comes soon.

message 9: by Brenda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Brenda (brendajanowitz) | 3 comments hey everyone! im new to goodreads, but im the author of SCOT ON THE ROCKS and i just wanted to stop in to say hi!

if youd like to read my book at any time, just let me know and i can come to a book club discussion with all of you somewhere in the city.

xoxo
brenda

message 10: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Meredith Thanks so much for that offer. Your book sounds really good and I look forward to reading it. I also wonder when I'm reading fiction whether the person writing the story went through something similar at any point. Thanks again!

message 11: by Sabina (new)

Sabina (read4fun) | 1 comments hi there:
I am new also to this group. My husband and I were in New York City twice this year. Once in May and then again at last week. We love NYC and we are so connected to the shops, the subways and all the Museums, WOW, WOW, WOW. Either one sounds good to me...please let me know if its both great, i am up for the challenge, it its one then which one? decisions, decisions....