Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Fantasy Romance > Maria V. Snyder

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (last edited Aug 09, 2009 10:19AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I think Snyder deserves her own folder.

If you haven't read her Study Series, you gotta its awesome :D

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

She also has some short stories on her website that go along with Study Series.

Assassin Study (Study Novella) by Maria V. Snyder Power Study

She also has the Glass series that is really good as well :D

Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass (Glass, #2) by Maria V. Snyder

Also, I just found out from her blog that early next year she has another book/series starting called, Inside Out. A futuristic story. I can't wait :D

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Give Snyder a try, I promise you will NOT be disappointed.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments I just finished Poison Study and loved it! I read it one sitting b/c I couldn't put it down. I've heard some negative comments on Magic Study but I'm heading out to get it now. I found it funny that it was in the romance section when romance really wasn't the main plot? Does Magic Study have more romance?

message 3: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) It was in the Romance section because its Harlequin, a big romance company.

Glad you liked it :D Magic study is possibly my favorite thats all I will say :D

message 4: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments A futuristic, hmm? I'll have to try some of the earlier ones while I wait. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I'm with Kyle. I liked Magic Study better than Poison Study; and I absolutely loved Poison Study. Hope that makes sense.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
lol Michelle. Yes, it means that she's getting better and better. :o)

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) av started readin poison study afta every1 recommending it and i understand y that is as its a really gud book av already brought magic study and i will definately b buying fire study at sum point soon

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I love that you all are enjoying it :D

We gotta make sea glass #1 yall! :D

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Kyle wrote: "I think Snyder deserves her own folder.

If you haven't read her Study Series, you gotta its awesome :D

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. SnyderMagic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder[bookcover:Fire Study|1966..."

I just finished Poison Study and I wasnt sure what to expect--it was pretty good. I am looking forward to reading Magic Study.

message 10: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (neimanmarxist) | 19 comments You people are killing me with all of these awesome sounding recommendations! ;)

message 11: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CNorwood) | 98 comments I am on The Fire Study now, what a great series!

message 12: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CNorwood) | 98 comments Bitten by books is having a Maria V. Synder Sea Storm book giveaway and chat with the author right now!!

http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=10436

message 13: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I know I saw it :D

Bittenbybooks is a good website for those kind of things :D

message 14: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (CNorwood) | 98 comments Yes it is! Just finished Strom Glass. Not as good as The Poison Study, it didn't flow as well but still good.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherluvstaylor) | 1 comments love her books so amazing cant wait till fire study comes out in november cant wait

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sjhorton) | 47 comments These are the books I consider keepers and I try to have everyone I know read them. I love all the Study books and stories. I'm on the 2nd Glass book and look forward to anything else Maria V. Snyder might throw at us:)

message 17: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) I read the Study books and really liked them. Haven't read the Glass ones yet, but they're on my TBR list.

Last night I read her short story in The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance and it was pretty good, so far my 2nd fave of the 5 I've read (Ilona Andrews' is my fave story so far).

message 18: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) She has a new book coming out in february I think, its sci-fi. It sounds really interesting and I can't wait to read it.

message 19: by ~~~Heather S.~~~ (new)

~~~Heather S.~~~ (heather796) | 505 comments LOVED the Study series!! Yelena and Valek are a powerful couple, he's always coming to her rescue but not so much in the damsel in distress way. Her fly by the seat of her pants decisions are always getting her in trouble! I guess I'm a character based reader and this series has great ones- Ari and Janco crack me up! Need to read the Glass series soon...

message 20: by Daniettea (new)

Daniettea (Vampwithnogun) | 5 comments Is poison study the first 1 ?

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Daniettea wrote: "Is poison study the first 1 ? "

Yup. Poison Study book 1, Magic Study book 2, and Fire Study is book 3. There are also free short stories on her website that you might like. I'd recommend read them after Poison Study.