College Students! discussion

college talk > Living Arrangements

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
What do everyone's living arrangements look like this year? Dorms? Off campus apartment? Commuting from home? Roommate situation?

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn On-campus apartment w/ four roommates - all juniors. I know all of them (varying degrees) but I've never lived with any of them and I'm kinda nervous. One of them is the type that really won't give you alone/downtime. I can hear her know... I'm pretty sure if I try to just read or sew (i'm taking my sewing machine to school this year! yay!) she'll be bugging me to not be "antisocial" and I really wouldn't call myself antisocial. I just need my time, you know?

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I'm on-campus once again. My old roommate is rooming with me again and we are gaining a new person. We'll be living in the suites this year so it's separated into two 2 person rooms and a common area. It should be a lot nicer then last years single regular dorm room. Me and my roommate get along fairly well, no arguments at all between us. Probably because we are so alike. We're both anti-social layabouts. lol Only true differences are that she's a vegetarian and enjoys being out doors.

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (thewolvessaid) My girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment together next weekend. Anyone else ever life with their girlfriend/boyfriend/sig. other? Tips? Advice? (Aside from the "DON'T DO IT!" that we've been hearing from people...it's a little late to turn back now...and we're super excited so we don't want to turn back!)

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I'm commuting from home. I only live five minutes away from both of my jobs, and 20 minutes away from campus. Its really convienent. And its just me and my parents so its not bad, I have my own room and don't have to pay for housing. I've considered moving out but for now living at home is the best thing for now, I'm able to save up money. (And being able to spend a lot of time with my family is really nice.)

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess This coming academic year I'm living in university housing off campus in a 4 bedroom/4 bath apartment. I'm psyched!

message 7: by Melody (last edited Aug 09, 2009 06:54PM) (new)

Melody (melodygiesbrecht) Danielle wrote: "My girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment together next weekend. Anyone else ever life with their girlfriend/boyfriend/sig. other? Tips? Advice? (Aside from the "DON'T DO IT!" that we've b..."

You can pull it off - but only if your style of living and/or how you communicate is good. If one of you is slightly clutter ish and the other the clean freak, it is garranteed that it wont work. But if your both organised have a plan sorted for the living and kitchen areas it can work. And DONT make allowances for each other concerning rent payments.

message 8: by carole (new)

carole (aTitleSummer) Me and my boyfriend have lived together in an off campus for a year now. We've been together 5 years so it wasn't hard to adjust to living together but one thing I will say is have patience! It gets frustrating sometimes especially if someone isn't pulling their own weight. You get used to it and it becomes a lot of fun! I'm glad we live together and aren't stuck in a dorm!