Who's Your Author? discussion

Paranormal Writers > Karen Chance

Comments (showing 2,751-2,800 of 3,027) (3027 new)    post a comment »

message 2751: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (WeldingNerd) from Pritkin's ass to Maeve's world domination to curry chips. This is a great forum. ;)

message 2752: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments We're worldly, we are. And well-rounded.

message 2753: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 237 comments And apparently I'm the only ignorant American-LOL.....

message 2754: by K.G. (new)

K.G. Borland (kgborland) Your not ignorant because you don't know about curry chips :P You just got to go have some Crystal ;)

message 2755: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (UF_Junkie) | 124 comments Meave, you're on your way to your chip, microchip, brainwashing-world-domination thingy!

message 2756: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Since I seem to be discussing world domination a lot lately, my friend brought this to my attention (scroll down the page past the "copyright"):

The Evil Overlord List

message 2757: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Oh, that's weird, I was just about to post the exact same thing on a different site. I found it on stumbleupon.com, which incidentally, you all need to check out. It's awesome.

message 2758: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 237 comments @Kyle-Thx...now to figure out where I can get curry chips.......

message 2759: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Maeve, I'll put that on the Must Look list!

Crystal, I was actually looking for a place in Jersey that has them, but I failed in my search for you. :'(

You need an Irish neighbourhood as opposed to just an Irish pub, since pub grub has now become sorta fusion over here. It's gotten high and mighty! An Irish neighbourhood will be more likely to have a proper chipper.

message 2760: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 237 comments @Flooze-you are just too sweet! Thank you for trying-maybe when I'm in NYC for business I'll find a good spot :D

message 2761: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I shall try again later. We'll get you curry chips yet, darnnit! :)

It's funny. My mom hates the smell of them and turns her nose up at them--and yet every single time, she eats half my order! That woman...she's such a con artist.

message 2762: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 237 comments Hahahahaha, yep I have a mom like that.

message 2763: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) My mom "taxes" my food. Her theory is she probably paid for it, so she has the right to a bite, lol.

message 2764: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Lol. I think my mother just does it because of, you know, giving birth to me and all.

message 2765: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 766 comments Seems like they never let you live that one down.

message 2766: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1384 comments Okay, I'm back and wow, I missed 47 posts... Maeve, world domination, yay.
Anyway, hate to get off topic (;P), but, a litte info:
KC on the shorts:
The shorts are being put up on the web page along and along throughout the year. They are/will be as follows:

1) "The Day of the Dead"--already up.
2) "The Queen's Witch"--already up.
3) "Shadowland"--is currently being revamped (no pun intended) and will be back up whenever it's
done.
4) "The Gauntlet" is a story I recently completed for the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2. I had called it The Queen's Vampire, because it's a companion story to The Queen's Witch, but I've renamed it because I think this title fits the story better. Anyway, it's done, but I can't release it yet due to my contract with Mammoth. It will be on site later this year, after the MBOPR2 is published.
5) "Masks"--will also be out later this year.
6) An as-yet-unnamed short with Francoise. It will be out after Masks is published.

I am sorry not to be able to give you definite due dates for the stories, but I already tried that and the fallout was, um, memorable. So I can only say that I'll have them up as soon as they're ready for public consumption. And, of course, I'll make an announcement on the News page whenever each is ready.

message 2767: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1384 comments Oh and anyone seen the new Mircea? He's not my Mircea but he's much better than the old one.
I'm getting a Tomas vibe from him too:

[image error]

message 2768: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Jun 10, 2010 05:47AM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 766 comments The face is better, but... ugh. What's with those clothes? Is my Mircea wearing a plaid jacket, untucked button-up, and, gasp, a T-shirt?

There are, however, no floating hands and unibrows. So this IS an improvement. :)

Also, I just finished reading "Vegas Odds" in Strange Brew, and I have to say I was confused. This is the first KC story that totally lost me. Does anyone remember it well enough to explain Simons' motivation to me?

message 2769: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1384 comments I haven't read the Lia stories yet. I have Strange Brew but I still haven't bought Wolfsbane and Misletoe where the first story is.

message 2770: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Wow. That's Tomas. lol

message 2771: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) Ew, hes not pretty at all. He's like plain, homeless Mircea in a trashy, rat infested alley. Hehe.

message 2772: by Brenda (last edited Jun 10, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

Brenda Asgood | 1 comments Sarah wrote: Also, I just finished reading "Vegas Odds" in Strange Brew, and I have to say I was confused. This is the first KC story that totally lost me. Does anyone remember it well enough to explain Simons' motivation to me?

The story says:
“They aren’t my allies,” he said, opening his eyes to glare at me. “They pay through the nose for everything I give them.”
“So you’re in it for profit?”
“What else?” he asked viciously. “Not all of us had famous fathers to pull strings on our behalf! If I’d applied to the Corps as I was, how far do you think I’d have gotten?”
“But you did get in,” I pointed out. “You’ve been here over a decade. You’re head of a department! Why turn now?”
“Don’t be naïve,” he sneered. “I’ve been feeding the dark information for years! It’s only recently that the price has skyrocketed. Thanks to the war, I’ve made enough to retire on—pleasantly—in the last six months.”

message 2773: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Sooooo. I just feel the need to brag a bit.

Who saw 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship last night?

This lady! Right hurrrr!!!

::points to self::

message 2774: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 56 comments Marissa wrote: "Ew, hes not pretty at all. He's like plain, homeless Mircea in a trashy, rat infested alley. Hehe."

Heh Heh. Homeless guy...thats exactly what I thought when I saw those clothes. Definitely not Armani.
Maybe Maeve will write us a story about how Mircea came to be wearing that outfit...and please include Mircea getting his eyebrows waxed.

message 2775: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) Monster eyebrows take on a life of their own and creep me out. Like furry leaches getting ready to spring off said forehead and suck the life right outta you!
OK maybe I had one too many cups of coffee this morning...

message 2776: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 56 comments Has anyone in this thread read Dark Oracle (Oracle, #1) by Alayna Williams by Alayna Williams?
There is a character called "The Pythia" who is the leader of the "Daughters of Delphi". There is also a character named Cassie.
I have not read it, and I wanted to know if any of you Karen Chance fans have read it, and if so is it different enough to not be considered a ripoff of the Cassie Palmer books?

message 2777: by Enjee (last edited Jun 14, 2010 03:05PM) (new)

Enjee | 56 comments So I decided to give Dark Oracle (Oracle, #1) by Alayna Williams a try and I am on page 99. So far, it is not a copy of a Karen Chance plot. There is a Pythia, however she is an elderly Arab woman who likes to bellydance. The character "Cassie" (short for Cassiopea...the constellation) is not the Pythia...she is the daughter of some scientist the lead character Tara is looking for. Tara is a Tarot-reading criminal profiler.
I checked out the author's website...she has a working Tarot card widget (so we don't have to keep waiting for Karen Chance to get hers up and running). Here is the link:
http://www.alaynawilliams.com/index_f...

message 2778: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Enjee, that one sounds interesting. Let us know your thoughts when you finish!

message 2779: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 0 comments For some reason I keep picturing Mircea as an older guy...like much older. I think that's why I can't help but lean more towards Pritkin as far as the romantic interest goes... anyone else feel this way or am I just nuts?

lol

:)

message 2780: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I imagine him as looking early 30s, and therefore clearly up for grabs.

Of course, I also have the hots for several older men, so it wouldn't bother me if he was supposed to be older-looking. Still, early 30s is what I picture.

message 2781: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 0 comments The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "I imagine him as looking early 30s, and therefore clearly up for grabs.

Of course, I also have the hots for several older men, so it wouldn't bother me if he was supposed to be older-looking. Stil..."

Yea i'm thinking more like mid 50's... haha... early 30's would be just wonderful really ;)

message 2782: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) I picture Mircea mid 30's but because I see him as a father figure it gives me the willies to think about him otherwise. ::shudders::

message 2783: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 766 comments I picture him as 30s, too, but I think it's easy enough to get a little brain-twisted when Cassie talks about him being around when she was little. He feels older until you say, "Oh yeah, he's a vampire."

message 2784: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) That and the rat-alley/homeless act doesn't do him any favors. :~p

message 2785: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I have just realised what bothers about this picture. It's his hair. It's, I dunno, really nerdy or something. Does not suit my image of Mircea anyway :P

message 2786: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 237 comments Not really how I pictured him either, Maeve.

message 2787: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) YES, Maeve! The hair is awful. Its like a bad wig that was combed over to the side.

message 2788: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Gah, that's it exactly!

message 2789: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 56 comments The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "Enjee, that one sounds interesting. Let us know your thoughts when you finish!"

I finished Dark Oracle (Oracle, #1) by Alayna Williams. It was kind of slow, since there is a discussion of physics that I had to re-read several times. There are no vampires, weres, mages, shifters, or fey. Just some really nasty humans and the oracles (headed by the Pythia - who has a day job). There is a gently-progressing romance without too much angst. I guess the most interesting thing about the story was the many ways the Delphi's Daughters practiced their foretelling. Some of the methods described are: tarot cards, geomancy, pyromancy, I Ching, scrying, and some other methods that I don't know the name of.
I would give the book 3 stars.

message 2790: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Thanks for the update, Enjee!

message 2791: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) 210 posts to go before the big 3000! Is that some kind of record? :D

message 2792: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) LOL I bet we can make it to 3000 if we had some more Pritkin to talk about. I'm getting all twitchy with withdrawals just waiting on his story!

message 2793: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (WeldingNerd) I wonder if she'll post it soon. Its been a few months hasn't it? I think she took his story down in April. I wonder when his birthday is. I noticed in the Shadowland short that Rosier gave him a membership to the Cave of Sighs when he was 25...Wonder what they do at demon birthday parties... lol

message 2794: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Now I'm having some seriously dirty thoughts... *sigh*.

I don't like to bug KC about it, considering the hard time some people gave her about taking the story down in the first place. I just check the news page every now and again. Like, once every few weeks. Alright, once a week. Ok, ok, I check it every single day, and I die a little more inside every time I see it's not there!

message 2795: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) LOL Maeve. Seriously dirty thoughts can be fun. Especially during a Pritkin drought. :~p
I set Karen’s news page as one of my home pages so I can check it every day! But we will keep that little neurotic tidbit to ourselves, k?

message 2796: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (WeldingNerd) Hmm... Well being that he was probably at Rosier's court during his years in hell what else would a sex-demon-prince do for his son on a birthday? Human men sometimes take their sons to strip clubs for coming-of-age birthdays... Supposedly he had all sorts of "exotic diversions" at his court. Maeve, I think you are blushing! ahahaha

message 2797: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Blushing? Me? I am unshockable! Anyway, that was a happy sigh.

This Pritkin-lack is getting serious. At this rate, I give myself two weeks, at the very most, before I begin the slow, slippery descent to refresh mode. *ominous roll of thunder*

message 2798: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 766 comments I do believe I felt that rumble all the way across the big water, Maeve. I suggest you divert yourself in a more healthy way by writing Pritkin's birthday party in hell scene. That way I can unashamedly share in the fun. :)

message 2799: by Marissa (last edited Jun 28, 2010 07:43AM) (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) LMAO Very good idea Sarah. I second that, if only for Maeve's sanity. (And I already have no shame.) :~)

message 2800: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (WeldingNerd) Maeve.... you should so do it. Write a seen for Pritkin's b-day when he was in hell. AWESOME

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Touch the Dark (other topics)
Death's Mistress (other topics)
Embrace the Night (other topics)
Curse the Dawn (other topics)
Claimed By Shadow (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Chance (other topics)
Alayna Williams (other topics)
Gena Showalter (other topics)