College Students! discussion

music, movies, tv, etc. > "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold To Hit Big Screen

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) The book "The Lovely Bones" is supposed to hit the big screen. Don't know when thought. I really hope they stay true to the book. The book was amazing...kept me at the edge of my seat the whole time.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (thewolvessaid) Here's the link to the trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramou...

it looks amazing! I read the book about 6 years ago and I really can't remember how I felt about it. Maybe I'll pick it up again before the movie.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly (slinkyxo) | 153 comments Oooh exciting!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Can't wait!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I had heard about the book and even kinda looked into it but never really wanted to read it. However, that preview looks really good! So now I think I'd like to read it.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmarj) I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

I secretly feel so superior when I've read the book before the movie was made. :x

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Emma, that sounded like a postsecret! haha. And I agree.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) Emma wrote: "I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

I secretly feel so superior when I've read the book befo..."

LOL Emma, that's kind of true for me too!

I read The Lovely Bones and don't remember exactly how I felt about it - it was sad, but I don't remember thinking it was the best book ever or anything. I'm excited about the movie though!

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments Sarah wrote: "Emma wrote: "I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

I secretly feel so superior when I've rea..."

Not the best book I've ever read, but it was a good light read.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Emma wrote: "I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

haha, me too! My friends get a bit annoyed when we go to see a movie and during the trailers I spaz when I see a trailer for something I've read and didn't know was being put into a movie. "Secret life of bees" for example. Their standard reply has become "of course you've read it, duh." lol.

message 12: by Ashley (last edited Aug 12, 2009 09:51AM) (new)

Ashley (ash88) Emma wrote: "I am reading the book now! Will finish tonight. I love it when the books I read become movies! It sort of validates my choices in books....

ohhh me too :P And same for movie trailers. One will come on and if I start to get excited for no apparent reason my friends and family just kind of look at me and say, let me guess, this was a book??

*** Oh and I'm really excited for this one!! The book was sad but I loved the idea of it.. and I loved the "heaven" in the preview, it looks so cool! It must be a directors dream to get a chance to be so creative.

message 13: by Janet (new)

Janet Just wactched the trailer! I am so excited!! I really, really liked that book. They make is seem a lot more intense than I remember but I did read it awhile ago. I will have to try and read it again before the movie comes out!

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments I'm really looking forward to this release as well. The book was one of my favorites but the preview almost made it seem like a whole other story. There is so much I don't remember. I'm definitely going to have to go back and read it again to compare.

message 15: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments IM SO EXCITED! I LOVE THIS BOOOOK!!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a featurette too, heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyA9gH...