Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > Eternal Life

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Do you think that we will ever achieve eternal life?

Do you think that it is wise to do so?

What are the consequences of achieving eternal life?

If they discover a way for us to achieve eternal life during your lifetime...will you do it?

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 188 comments I think overall it would be a bad thing. I mean, imagine the bad people being bad forever....

message 3: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Very true Terri. IF it were to ever happen the government would probably take over, picking and choosing who gets to become immortal! lol
I don't think I would want eternal life...prolonged/extended maybe but I wouldn't want to live FOREVER.

message 4: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) I hope not, I think it's a bad thing. Imagine nobody dying, but babies still being born everyday. Talk about overpopulation. Plus it would bring out the worst in some people. Because if you live forever, what's there to be afraid of by breaking the laws?

message 5: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
I think they would begin to "control" population. Maybe people would be required to have their tubes tied or something...Hmmm...

There was this show on called "That's impossible", which is basically about them providing that it isn't impossible. They came up with soooo many ways that make the thought of eternal life, not quite impossible. After watching that show, I think it will happen eventually!