Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > Thunder and Ashes (Morningstar series)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cj (new)

Cj | 38 comments Hey guys/gals, new here. Just wanted to add another gem to the list. Very good read, esp if you like the first novel, Plague of the Dead. Has it's issues of course but solid and just plain entertaining. Anyway, thought it deserved a mention.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, I liked both books and am looking forward to the looooong awaited third. Not a lot of scares but a good story.

message 3: by Thee_ron_clark (new)

Thee_ron_clark | 48 comments This is a solid series. I am definitely looking forward to the third. Best of all, the author seems to be improving with each book. The third should be awesome.

message 4: by Kemper (new)

Kemper I just finished reading Plague of the Dead and this one, and they're solid zombie apocalypse stories. Not in the same class as World War Z or The Walking Dead, but good reads for the zombie enthusiast.

message 5: by you know (new)

you know that you want my books ;) | 10 comments cannot wait to get the 3rd in the series. So sad that recht left the land of the living so soon.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 84 comments I enjoyed the Morningstar series. Didn't know a third one was coming out, though.

message 7: by Kara (new)

Kara Smith | 4 comments Is there going to be a 3rd book?
I read the first 2, and I agree, I am definately looking forward to the third.

message 8: by Kemper (new)

Kemper Unfortunately, the author died late last year. I saw some rumors that the third book may have been mostly done, but haven't heard if it will be released.

message 9: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (cam671) | 8 comments I read somewhere on the Permuted Press website that he had completed an outline. Recht's friends and co-workers were collaborating on finishing the third novel, but I can imagine there's some legal/copyright/profit distribution questions to be solved.

message 10: by Cj (new)

Cj | 38 comments Really is a shame he passed away, esp for his family. It would be nice if Kim Paffenroth (sp) or Travis Adkins could spin it out. Both talented writers IMO and that story was nicely laid out and it's players need resolution. Shame for Z.A.