Clarinet players discussion

CLARINETS! > Advice

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments This is for anyone who has advice on how to improve as a clarinet player. I really need to get better by mid-September, when school starts again. I know: Practice. But does anyone have any tips beyond that?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

make sure you get ur emboshore right, flat chin, act like ur putting on lipgloss or watever, ...............

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments Thanks. :) I've never seen emboshore written before. It took me a moment to figure out what it was. :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. and u do need 2 practice alot. try a variety of songs, not just the same types ovr and ovr agian

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments That buzzing thing sounds really interesting. I've never heard that before.

And as for embosure, I would've had trouble with that word whether or not it was spelled correctly. :P

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

REALLY?? WOOOW. ya, just make sure ur parents no ur about to do it cuz my mom didnt no and she nearly had a heart attack! lol

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments Ha, thanks for the tip, both of you. :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

welcome

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Townsend (brittany2019) | 22 comments Mod
yea and if ur double jointed in you thumb get a neck strap to help support ur clarinet. i waited too long to get one and i still put my thumb the wrong way and it hurts.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments Thanks Rachel and Brittany. I'll see if I can get ahold of the director. I'm pretty glad I'm not double-jointed ;).

message 11: by Brittany (new)

yea i wish i wasnt it certainly doesnt help...

message 12: by Brittany (new)

there was another person in my grade who also played clarinet and was double jointed too but she quit playing last year

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Embouchure is amazingly important! Move you lower lip past you bottom teeth, then move it slightly forward as if scraping peanut butter from the inside of you lip. Then tighten your corners. And work on your airflow, and remember not to poof out your cheeks!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

It's spelled embouchure...pardon the spelling freak...

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 11, 2009 02:33PM) (new)

Hanna wrote: "It's spelled embouchure...pardon the spelling freak..."

Its ok!! We are friends on Goodreads! How old are you?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments Dictionary.com spells it "embouchure"

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments I'm finding it spelled both ways.