♪♥Music♥♪ discussion

Bands > Evanescence

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥

message 2: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) I like Evanescence, but they haven't made any new albums recently...

message 3: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ I know

message 4: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments where are they now????

message 5: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xIamberx) | 16 comments Their okay, I like 'Bring back to life' even tho its old, and call me when your sober- I use to be in love with that song.

message 6: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments yes!!! that song made me like them, you mean 'bring me to life'?

message 7: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xIamberx) | 16 comments Yes, lol.

My mistake. ><

message 8: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments lolz. oh no, dont jump from the window!!! >.< joke.

message 9: by Beya (new)

Beya Penn (smily1410) | 1 comments bring me back to life- the video, if you gusy have read daughters of the moon series i think that stanton and serina!!

message 10: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xIamberx) | 16 comments Lmao, nice CJ. :p

message 11: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments thts about them?

message 12: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xIamberx) | 16 comments Never red it ><

message 13: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments me too. ;I

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Evanescence. They have one problem, though: The majority of their songs sound the same. But still. I love Amy Lee's piano playing and singing! Gah.

message 15: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments i dont care with the problem ^^)

message 16: by Anony-miss (last edited Aug 10, 2009 08:55AM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 14 comments I love Evanescence. There are only a few female-fronted bands I'll listen to.

*listens to "My Immortal"*

message 17: by Cj_ (new)

Cj_ (ordinary) | 21 comments lolz, yeah... thts out my emotional a lot. ^^)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, if any of you have tried to play an Evanescence song AND sing it at the same time, you know how amazing they are. Especially "Good Enough". That song is freaking amazing, but it's very challenging to sing and play.

Under your spell again
I can't say no to you

=]

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) i love Amy Lee's version of Sally's Song from the Nightmare Before Christmas ♥

message 20: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ Me too

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm learning how to play Breathe No More on the piano right now. It's pretty simple because it has no crazy chords and whatnot, but the rhythm is kind of weird. I've had that song and You stuck in my head for the past few days.

Lie to me
Convince me that I've been sick forever
And all of this
Will make sense when I get better

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 02, 2009 08:36PM) (new)

Kay, I'm always posting on this. Haha. I'm just going through an Evanescence phase, I guess.

I learned how to play Breathe No More all the way through, and I don't need the music anymore. But someone messed it up, so it's not exactly how it is in the recording.

Have any of you guys heard the song Hello? It's so sad. It's about her (Amy Lee)'s sister Bonnie who died at age three when Amy was 6. It's such a haunting song. Amy was at school on the playground when she learned her sister died, so the words make so much more sense when you know that. These are the lyrics:

Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to
Hello

If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll wake from this dream
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Hello I am the lie living for you so you can hide
Don't cry

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
Hello I'm still here
All that's left of yesterday

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Harbinger of ☠Doom☠ wrote: "i love Amy Lee's version of Sally's Song from the Nightmare Before Christmas ♥"

So do I! My friend Tommy made me fall in love with it!
Amy Lee has one of the most amazing female voices i've ever heard. Hayley Williams and, well, Enya are my next favorite female voices.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Evanescence isn't one of my favorites, but I still like them quite a bit. My Immortal is definitely my favorite. Call Me When You're Sober is probably my next favorite.

I wish I could sing like Amy Lee......trying to go low enough on 'Start Me Up' probably screwed up my already pathetic excuse for a voice, though...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Mallory McSkittles, you never had a pathetic excuse for a voice. I've heard you sing. Even when we were just belting Newsies at Lagoon, your voice was nowhere NEAR pathetic. It was on the other end of the spectrum. =]

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

*Start Me Up*
Gratzi, Maxy, you're so nice. ^_^