Tournament of Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2008 Match-ups > Tree of Smoke vs. Ovenman

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacylienemann) What's your pick?

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 17 comments Tree of Smoke (despite the fact I couldn't get past the 3rd chapter...)

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacylienemann) I also predict Tree of Smoke although I have read neither (my library doesn't even own Ovenman, although I have requested that they order a copy). Jeff, tough break going against the National Book Award winner in the first round!

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (ovenman) | 1 comments yeah, i was going to bail out of this group so no one would feel uncomfortable bashing my book--should their library come up with my book enabling them to bash (then again, i also would not want to hamper ignorant bashing)--but now i'll hang on since they put me up against johnson, who is also my hero, in the third round and so i, in effect, am already no longer in it before it has started.

that said being the johnson lover i am, the excerpt of this book in the nyer, left me cringing. though i heard he's doing some kind of sequel to jesus's son which could either be amazing or blasphemous. fuckhead in the 21st century, whichever way it goes i can't wait.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 31 comments Wow, my library is usually so dependable, but Ovenman isn't available at it either.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 50 comments I'm going with Tree of Smoke but admit I also have read neither. I hate basing a vote on hype. Jeff, I pledge to read Ovenman soon. Congratulations on getting in the tournament.

message 7: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 25 comments That was a tough draw for Ovenman, but there's always the Zombie Round!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.