What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book about a girl and her vampire friend

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments I am looking for the name of a book(s) about a human girl and her vampire friend, I remember the cover of one of the book showed the vampire hanging upside down and had frizzy ginger hair. the vampire girl had a vampire uncle that wore false fangs and had a speech impediment. I remember in one of the books that the human girl and the vampire girl stopped a gang of burglars. I think the books were published some time in the late 80s or early 90s.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36060 comments Mod
Kris, is this book series for children or young adults (teens)?

What's the genre or tone - paranormal romance, mystery (girl detectives), funny, silly, scary, coming of age, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the girls - family/siblings, skills/interests, etc.?

Location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments The book(s) was for children, and the genre was funny/silly.

The location was somewhere in England, London I think.

message 4: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments This sounds a lot like a book series that I read while I was a kid. But the vampire and lead character are both boys. I'll post the first book anyway maybe it'll help with looking for your book :)

The little vampire by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5224 comments The Little Vampire for Lina's suggestion.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments It wasn't The Little Vampire, but thanks for commenting.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21031 comments Were these picture books or children's novels?

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments Children's novels.

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21031 comments The Vampire's Visit?

The Vampire of Verdonia?

Both the MC and her vampire friend were little girls?

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments It isn't any of those two, but thanks for trying to help.

message 11: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Check out the Araminta Spook series by Angie Sage. As far as I remember they're written in the mid 90s.

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21031 comments I also found the Mona the Vampire series.

The Jackpot Disaster is the first book.

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Yearsley | 3 comments I think this is the book series I've been trying to find for a decade. Do you remember if the vampire girl's uncle had given up blood and now ate black pudding? That's a detail that stuck with me.

Maybe between us we can remember enough details to find it!

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21031 comments Scott, did you think the series by Sage or by Oram might be the right one?

I haven't read either, so someone else will have to weigh in with plot details.

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott Yearsley | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Scott, did you think the series by Sage or by Oram might be the right one?

I haven't read either, so someone else will have to weigh in with plot details."

A little Google-Booksing suggests that, sadly, neither series fits the bill for what I'm looking for, although OP and I may indeed be talking about different books.

message 16: by Kris (new)

Kris Whip | 6 comments Scott I think the vampire uncle did eat black pudding.

message 17: by Scott (last edited Nov 06, 2019 05:40AM) (new)

Scott Yearsley | 3 comments OK, I'm pretty sure I've found the book I'm looking for (after 13+ years of searching!), but I've read the synopsis and I don't think it's the same as yours:

Gruesome and Bloodsocks