APSU FALL'17 discussion

A Long Walk to Water

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Stone | 3 comments Mod
Let's talk about it!

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Killian chaidez | 2 comments I enjoyed how the book wraps up the stories together. I just wish there was more details to both stories

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments This book was really good and touching. At first I was confused with the Nya story line and how it had to do with Salva but I did like how the author ties them both together at the end. Did any one else struggle with the connection between Salva and Nya?

message 4: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Scott | 1 comments I was not all that impressed with this book just because how the story was written and seemed rushed so I was confused most of the time but I did like the twist ending.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Mack | 1 comments I enjoyed the book. I have never read anything about the countries of Africa before. I loved that it was a true story. It helped me be happy and thankful for all that I have.

message 6: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Killian chaidez | 2 comments I wish the epilogue was at the beginning of the book instead of the end. I think it would of created more interest for how they met. At the very least, more back ground on Salva and how his story is a bibliography.

message 7: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin New | 3 comments I really enjoyed this book and the point of view! I liked the history aspect of it and how it was from the kid's perspective. The fact that it was a true story was touching.

message 8: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin New | 3 comments Kristi wrote: "I enjoyed how the book wraps up the stories together. I just wish there was more details to both stories"

Agreed!!

message 9: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin New | 3 comments Sarah wrote: "This book was really good and touching. At first I was confused with the Nya story line and how it had to do with Salva but I did like how the author ties them both together at the end. Did any one..."

I felt the author could have tied the stories together better!

message 10: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Whaley | 2 comments I truly enjoyed this book. I feel it would be great for the older students to read, showing them how lucky they are to live in a well developed country. Most in our country are affected by the recent wars, but none like Salva. Many children in America know struggle, but can they relate with Nya? I enjoyed the journal/diary style of the chapters.

message 11: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Whaley | 2 comments It was a very touching story. I loved how it connected history with modern times from the same area.

Kerstin wrote: "I really enjoyed this book and the point of view! I liked the history aspect of it and how it was from the kid's perspective. The fact that it was a true story was touching."

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Kerstin wrote: "I really enjoyed this book and the point of view! I liked the history aspect of it and how it was from the kid's perspective. The fact that it was a true story was touching."

For me it made the story more touching and sometimes sad to know that it was written from a child's point of view and that their are children today still going through this :'(

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Kerstin wrote: I felt the author could have tied the stories together better! "

I 100% agree! For most of the book I was so confused on how these two stories were related.