Bookish Kingdom discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month Readalong > BOTM November 2017 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayla (last edited Oct 28, 2017 02:58AM) (new)

Ayla (goodreadscomayla) | 655 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

Here you can suggest a book you'd like to read for the BOTM readalong (+ discussion) of November :)

- The theme/genre for this month will be "just released". The book you suggest has to be a book that has been released in August, September or October 2017 :)
Need some inspiration? Take a look here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula... / https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula... / https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...
- You can suggest one book.
- The book can be the first book of a series or a standalone.
- This thread will close the 27th of October, so you have still 4 days to vote on the poll.
- A poll will be created the 27th of October, including 6 of your suggested books with the most recommendations and the highest average ratings on GoodReads.
- The poll will close the 30th of October and the BOTM November will be announced :)

Books suggested until now:

How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry _ Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado _ American Wolf A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee

You can also recommend one of these books (in case you aren't the one who requested it). This will increase its chances to end up in the poll, which will include 6 books :)

message 2: by Ayla (new)

My suggestion would be:

How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry
How to Find Love in a Bookshop

Published: August 15th 2017

message 3: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Ruiz-Olguín | 3 comments My suggestion will be :
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

message 4: by Minx (last edited Oct 24, 2017 02:24PM) (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) My Suggestion:

Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff

Published: September 05, 2017

Its going to be EPIC!!

message 6: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 473 comments There are so many October 2017 releases on my TBR.

I'm going to go with Her Body and Other Parties because it's one I already have on hold.

message 7: by Ayla (new)

Mar wrote: "My suggestion will be :
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe"

Thanks for your suggestion! :)
Unfortunately I cannot add it to the list, since it hasn't been recently published.

message 8: by Ayla (new)

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "My Suggestion:

Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff

Published: September 05, 2017

Its going to be EPIC!!"

Thanks so much for your suggestion!
Unfortunately the book has to be either a standalone or a first book in a series. Since this book is the second book in a series I cannot add it to the list :(

message 9: by Ayla (new)

Celia wrote: "American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West

Published Oct 17

Genre Non-fiction"

Thanks so much for your suggestion, Celia! Interesting that you chose a non-fiction book! :D
I'll add it to the list :)

message 10: by Ayla (new)

Becca (becandbones) wrote: "There are so many October 2017 releases on my TBR.

I'm going to go with Her Body and Other Parties because it's one I already have on hold."

Thanks so much for your suggestion, Becca! :)

message 11: by Ayla (last edited Oct 28, 2017 03:18AM) (new)

Important announcement

Since there haven't been suggested enough books this month, I'm going to add some books to the list that I think might be interesting new-releases.
Hope you don't mind! :)

August 2017
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo _ Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1) by Lana Popović _ A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor

September 2017
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera _ Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu _ Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King _ There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins _ Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart _ Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

October 2017
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green _ Without Merit by Colleen Hoover _ The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur

The books that will be added to the poll are the three previously suggested books and three books from those mentioned above with the highest GR ratings.

message 12: by Ayla (new)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
You can vote on the poll that is up now here

description

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.