Retro Reads discussion

General > girlebooks.com

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Doyle | 7 comments http://girlebooks.com/

I ran across this site (it was mentioned in a thread on LibraryThing) as a source of nicely-formatted, out of copyright 18th through early 20th century books by women, either free or 99 cents. There's a lot of Elizabeth von Arnim as well as everything from Louisa May Alcott to Baroness Orczy to Fanny Burney. Definitely worth a look.

message 2: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 1468 comments Mod
Marissa wrote: "http://girlebooks.com/

I ran across this site (it was mentioned in a thread on LibraryThing) as a source of nicely-formatted, out of copyright 18th through early 20th century books by women, eithe..."

Thanks Marissa. I have visited that site before but never downloaded anything.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 567 comments Ooh, Marissa, thanks for the link! Elizabeth von Arnim—I’m there!

message 4: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 349 comments Very nice, thank you!

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 334 comments A Girl of the Limberlost is there; my Mom always raved about that book but I have never read it.

thanks for the link.

message 6: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽, Moderator (last edited Aug 21, 2018 09:19AM) (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1179 comments Mod
Thanks, Marissa! Just a note that if a book you want is 99c, you can check Gutenberg.org to see if they have it for free.

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 259 comments It's one of my absolute favorites. It's free on both Girlebooks and Amazon.

Jackie wrote: "A Girl of the Limberlost is there; my Mom always raved about that book but I have never read it.

thanks for the link."

message 8: by Jackie (last edited Aug 21, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Jackie | 334 comments wonderful, now I have it for when I'm between all the group and buddy reads! FYI I see Freckles by the same author is also free.