What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Man dreaming of walking in caves. Caves is a circuit board. He builds the machine and it turns out to be Satan!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan (new)

Stefan | 1 comments A man have recurrent dreams about walking in a labyrinth of caves. Always the same caves but new paths every night. Finally he starts mapping the caves after waking up, and realizes that it is a complex wire diagram. He starts building the circuit board and when plugging it in, the "machine" turns out to be Satan himself...

I have vague memory of a psychotherapist being involved in the general plot. Maybe the man sees the therapist as he his haunted by the dreams to the point of insomnia. But this is unclear.

I thought the book was called "Satan", but this could be the Swedish translation/version of the title.

I read the book around 1987, but I think it was not newly published.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4162 comments Satan: His Psychotherapy and Cure by the Unfortunate Dr. Kassler, J.S.P.S. by Jeremy Leven?

One reviewer says: Mostly it is about the Job-like spiraling down of Satan's psychotherapist, Dr. Kassler J.S.P.S (Just Some Poor Schmuck). In the course of the novel Kassler loses everything through no fault of his own - but gains a patient in the computer built by another patient of his.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1511 comments Still looking, or is this your book?