The City discussion

Downtown > Subway Station

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Zoë Potter Fowl Jackson (potterfowljackson) | 1350 comments Mod
((Trains going updown, downtown, and outta town))

message 2: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron fished around in his jean pocket for his metro card, stepping off the long staircase. Above him, rattling streetcars and typical city bustle flitted down. The subway station was relatively quiet, the silence broken by tinny speakers, playing elevator music.

message 3: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

bubblewaffles | 1674 comments Mod
Henrietta followed Cameron into the subway nervously. She reached into her purse and fumbled for her metro card, pulling out tons of sandwich discount cards and some sticker card that she was one sticker from getting fro-yo on. "How long will it take for us to get to you ex's place?" She asked him.

message 4: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"It's about six minutes on the metro, then a walk uptown." He found his card, brushing it against the scanners. He walked through, waiting for her on the other side. "She lives in the suburbs," He explained.

message 5: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

Henrietta nodded, swiping her card and striding through. "That's where most people who want to keep secrets live." She knew of quite some people who lived there that were part of organizations, or so she had guessed.

message 6: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron laughed, sounding forced. "Isn't that right," he turned a corner, slid down a stairwell railing, and paused in front of a platform. The lack of a barrier between him and the tracks freaked him out, but he liked looking at the mosaics lining the tunnel walls.

message 7: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"I know forced laughter when I hear it. You're either upset, or you just don't like me." Henrietta assumed, following Cameron onto the platform. She smiled, feeling a little nostalgic.

message 8: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"Just..." Cameron was fidgeting. A lot. "When I chose Tan- no, Bella, wait-" He smiled sheepishly. "I guess I'm still getting used to being able to trust someone."

message 9: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"Well, apparently, your other girlfriend doesn't need to gain your trust back, now, does she?" Henrietta challenged, smiling slyly as she waited for the answer, clearly noticing his fiddling.

message 10: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron flushed pink. "Hey, it's not like that-" he was cut off by the arrival of the train. As the doors rushing past finally eased to a stop, Cameron rushed on board, avoiding looking at her.

message 11: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

Henrietta followed Cameron's hasty footsteps onto the train, her sly grin still on her face as she held one of the poles in the middle of the train.

message 12: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron gripped a hanging handlebar as the doors slid shut. The handle bars had different settings, they could be pulled down all the way to his knees if he wanted to. A pixie was already in the train car, and had pulled the handle down so he could reach.

message 13: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

Henrietta was too lazy to hold the handlebar, so she clutched the pole carefully, making sure that she didn't get too many germs onto her hands.

message 14: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron avoided further conversation by looking out the window. They soon reached a tunnel, and he was left staring at a black space. He fidgeting with his watch as he tried to ignore how awkward the entire situation was.

message 15: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"How much longer?" Henrietta asked, trying to stay patient as the stink of the subway was starting to surface.

message 16: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

((Please update me on why they are going to Tanya's im a horrible person pls))

message 17: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

((Henri convinced Cameron to confront her about being an evil being))

message 18: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

((Wow that was stupid alright))

"We're here," Cameron said, letting go of the handle. His knuckles were white from gripping the plastic. The pixie darted past them both, running down the street. It was almost comical, his tiny pattering feet the only sound now that the train was at a complete stop. The train was above the ground, so a chill wind already trickled through the doors.

message 19: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

(( :| No kidding))

"Nervous?" Henrietta asked, raising an eyebrow as a smirk graced her face. It was rather cold here, she hadn't really considered that. But luckily enough for her, she could shapeshift. She turned into a small squirrel as she walked- no, ran out of the train.

message 20: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron followed behind, the doors sliding shut behind him. "But what if she sees the earpiece? I don't think she'll believe me if I told her it was a hearing aid." He mulled over each disaster scenario after another in his head. "This way," he mumbled as he started off uphill.

message 21: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"Just..." Henrietta stopped, and turned Cameron around to face her, then feeling into her purse for some more concealer and foundation, then using some of that, finding Cameron's skin color and drawing some more to make the transition look cleaner and smooth. "I'll be a fly, and I'll be there with you the whole time." She said, placing the makeup back in her purse.

message 22: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"Yeah... still not sold on that. Sure, she can't hear you, but can I?" Cameron asked hesitantly, quickening his pace. He didn't like the suburbs, they always felt... deserted. Like some kind of ghost town. There was never anyone on the sidewalks. Even the pixie was nowhere to be seen.

message 23: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"You can hear me. Through the earpiece." Henrietta replied with a sarcastic tone, pausing at the right time. "Where's everybody?" She asked, looking around, turning into a beaver as she walked beside Cameron. "And speed up! I don't have enough time spend- well I won't have any time to complete my work. If I don't want to get fired- but then again, I think that I'll get fired because I'm going to provoke my boss."

message 24: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"Um... I'm just going to ignore all that and answer the question if you don't mind." Cameron grabbed a newspaper off an abandoned bench, more to have something to do with his hands than anything else. Rolling and unrolling the paper. "It's a pretty rich neighbourhood, everyone is either at work or won't leave the many pleasures if their estate. Let me tell you, there are some weirdos here." He glanced purposefully in her direction. "But I think a pet beaver is weird even by their standards."

message 25: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

Henrietta rolled her eyes. "Have you ever been to my side of town?" She challenged, raising an eyebrow as she struts beside Cameron. She bit his leg, just for the fun of it, as he did call her and her choice of becoming a beaver weird. "Someone from the rent-controlled side of town here is weird as well." She pointed out.

message 26: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

Cameron jumped away. "What the heck? Seriously, we're supposed to be under the radar!" He sped up, tearing at the corner of the paper. "She's just up there, the one with the way over the top gate."

message 27: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"Wow. Talk about the female version of Blake Carrington." Henrietta's jaw dropped. "That gate is....high." She frowned. "How does she have any money? Nobody pays her though..." She smirked.

message 28: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"Okay. Here we go," Cameron realised he was still holding the paper. He stashed it under a different bench. "What do we do?" He asked, turning towards her. "Do I look suspicious? What if she's not home? This was a bad idea, wasn't it? Was it my idea? You agree? Great, let's go." He turned around and started walking down the sidewalk.

message 29: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"Stop it!" Henrietta jumped in front of Cameron. "You can't back out now, surely she has cameras here. Besides, I'll follow you in, as a fly. I won't die, I promise." She knew that she might, she just had to try her best not to be too loud that Tanya/Bella would notice. "Oh jeez." She muttered under her breath.

message 30: by Zoë, Merlin the Mod (new)

"Okay, okay. Got it," Cameron cracked a nervous fly. "I hate to tell you this, but... I don't think flies have buckteeth and a tail." He gestured at her beaver form.

message 31: by bubblewaffles, Morgana of Camels (new)

"Right." Henrietta smiled sheepishly. She focused carefully and morphed right into a fly, flying around Cameron's head, then stopping at his ear so he could hear her. "Don't kill me."