What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Poetry book for young children, possibly published in early 1990's

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinaonearth) | 1 comments Hello! I'm looking for the title of a book that I used to have when I was a child. There were several short poems inside by multiple authors. One author I can remember being in the book is Christina Rossetti (The Caterpillar). I only remember her because we share the same name.

The cover is bigger (think textbook size for height) and the picture is of a blonde little girl and I think she is picking flowers. It would've been published somewhere in the time range of 1988-1997.

The inside is illustrated and I think it's mostly of similar images-little kids in gardens or nature.

message 2: by Annamariah (last edited Oct 23, 2017 03:41AM) (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Edit: I think this is too recent...

I searched worldcat.org with Christina Rossetti and Caterpillar and found Animal Friends: A Collection of Poems for Children, selected and illustrated by Michael Hague.

description

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments There are several poetry anthologies for children published in that time frame that include that poem, but I had trouble finding a cover that matched your description, so these are just possibilities:

A Child's Anthology of Poetry by Elizabeth Hauge Sword

Read-Aloud Poems for Young People Readings from the Worlds Best Loved Verses by Glorya Hale

Of Caterpillars, Cats and Cattle (Puffin Books) by Anne Harvey

All the Small Poems and Fourteen More by Valerie Worth

Sing a Song of Popcorn Every Child's Book Of Poems by Mary Michaels White

message 4: by Ayshe (last edited Oct 23, 2017 04:10PM) (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments A Child's Treasury of Animal Verse, cover: A Child's Treasury of Animal Verse by Mark Daniel maybe?

Some inside illustrations can be seen on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-CHILDS-TRE...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Kristina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?