What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA British historical tragic romance book about two rich sisters and their loves. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy (last edited Oct 22, 2017 10:25PM) (new)

Sammy (Changki_Trash) | 2 comments Hi okay so I remember nothing of the plot just little scenes that I hope someone else remembers, they'll be spoilers. I read this book in middle school so somewhere between 2010-2013. The author was a female and I can't remember the cover at all.

So this book has two sisters that are really rich. The older sister is in love with some guy but she's engaged to some rich dude and her little sister is in love with her fiance (so the rich dude). The older sister stages her own death I think so she doesn't have to marry the rich guy and runs away to be with the boy she loves. When she sees him again he has longer hair and a stubble, and a horse.

The older sister gives her ring to the guy to sell it to a pawn shop and he does but her family finds the ring at the pawn shop and think some thief stole that from her dead body or something so they track down the guy who pawned the ring and they kill him and I think she was there when he dies. He was shot. So she becomes a widow and is taken back to her home. Also I think the older sisters fiance has feelings for her little sister too but I don't remember much about those two.

I don't know if this was more than one book I read this book a very long time ago. But yeah thank you for your time and I hope someone knows this book!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Sammy, how does the older sister stage her death, and does this happen early in story?

Are her parents titled, part of the aristocracy? Or did they earn their wealth through trade?

message 3: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (Changki_Trash) | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Sammy, how does the older sister stage her death, and does this happen early in story?

Are her parents titled, part of the aristocracy? Or did they earn their wealth through trade?"

I dont remember but I think she drowned herself? And her parents are like high class aristocrats? Tbh Idek if eveything I said is accurate but I thought id take a chance.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Sammy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?