What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children/YA fantasy book, girl who controls fire teams up with boy who controls water. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (ladybuggly) | 2 comments The main character is a girl/teenager who can control fire, she has purple eyes and green hair. She has to solve some sort of conspiracy, and along the way meets a guy who can control water, who is trying to solve the same thing. At one point she stops an explosion by controlling the fire. She talks about her childhood, and how the woman who raised her realised she could control fire when she moves the flames from the lamps as a baby/toddler. At the end, the bad guy is revealed to be someone she's encountered before, he kidnaps her and the water guy, and one of them is psychic, and they don't hold hands because then they would be able to read all their thoughts. The bad guy has an ex friend/boyfriend of the girl with him, and she says his plan won't work because she's not a pure fire controller/that species. She is shown a vision of the future she could have with the ex boyfriend, and she sees green haired children. The water guy jumps in some sort of river/pool and she thinks he has drowned, but he comes back out and reminds her it's almost impossible for him to drown.
I read this book when I was in year 6, around 2007/2008.I know the synopsis I gave was very convoluted and not much detail, but this has been bugging me for ages, any help is appreciated thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Charlotte, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (ladybuggly) | 2 comments Still looking

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Charlotte, can you describe the world they live in? How is it different from modern Earth?