Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Team Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Nov 30, 2017 02:00PM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51996 comments Mod
Team Cinnamon Hot Chocolate:
✓ 1. Wolf (Alpha)
2. Ginger
✓ 3. Hanna
✓ 4. Laura (acquariusgb)
✓ 5. Ashley O
✓ 6. Lauren

Please check in by November 1st!!

Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments I'm here :)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Hanna wrote: "I'm here :)"

HELLO :D Thanks for checking in Hanna! I hope you enjoy the upcoming challenge!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Hi, just checking in! Still working on my reading list : )

message 5: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments I have to work on it too :)

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Hi, just checking in! Still working on my reading list : )"

Yay! Thank you for checking in! :D

message 7: by Laura (acquariusgb) (last edited Dec 25, 2017 12:50PM) (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Categories:

01.Read a book you were given: Ashley
02.Reread a favorite book: Laura Laura
03.Read a book with a red cover: Laura
04.Read a book with a white cover: Laura
05.Read a book centered around sports: Ashley

06.Read a cozy mystery: Ashley
07.Read a book with fire on the cover:
08.Read a book that features a holiday: Ashley Ashley
09.Read a book involving traveling: Laura Hanna
10.Read a book with a tree on the cover: Laura

11.Read a book that starts with N and D: Ashley
12.Read a new release: Ashley Ashley
13.Read any book you want: Ashley Ashley
14.Read a historical novel: Hanna Ashley
15.Read a debut novel: Ashley Ashley

16.Read the last book in a series: Hanna Ashley
17.Read a book about a family relationship: Ashley Ashley
18.Read a book with snow on the cover: Ashley Ashley
19.Read a book set at New Year’s:
20.Read a book with a clock/watch on the cover:

21.Read a book with food on the cover: Ashley
22.Read a short story collection: Hanna
23.Read a book on your reading list for over one year: Ashley Ashley
24.Read a classic novel: Laura
25.Read a book with a star on the cover: Ashley

message 8: by Laura (acquariusgb) (last edited Nov 08, 2017 11:34AM) (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Possible list:

Read a book with a clock/watch on the cover: Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1) by Tara Sim

Read a book with a star on the cover: Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2) by Romina Russell

Read a book with a tree on the cover: The Treemakers (The Treemakers, #1) by Christina L. Rozelle or The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman

Read a book with a white cover: Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu

Read a book with a red cover: A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab

Reread a favorite book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling

Read a book on your reading list for over one year: The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu

message 9: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments I didn't have time to do all my list but I think I'll read:
- The last book of a series: A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray
- Historical novel : Un moment d'abandon (Les demoiselles de Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare
-Read a book about travelling: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

message 10: by Laura (acquariusgb) (last edited Nov 01, 2017 12:46PM) (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments I would like to read The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee too, would you like to BR?

message 11: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments yes no problem!^^ It will be fun :D when do you plan to read it?^^

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

low key stalking you guys right now but can I join on the the gentlemen guide BR?!?!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Alaina wrote: "low key stalking you guys right now but can I join on the the gentlemen guide BR?!?!"

Hanna wrote: "yes no problem!^^ It will be fun :D when do you plan to read it?^^"

Yeah, I only have problems around the 25th of November because my best friend is getting married so those days are going to be crazy, but any other period is fine.

message 14: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments ok no problem with me :)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments start next Monday the 6th? will that be okay for everyone?

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Yeeeeeeeessss that’s okay with me

message 17: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments ok with me too :)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments ok, I'll ask for a thread : )

message 19: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments Thank you :)

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Today I'm going to finish Warcross and then start The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

message 21: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments I'm finishing my book do I think I'll be able to start it tomorrow too :)

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I'm in guys, in like flynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments Cozy Mystery - Till Death Do Us Bark by Stella St. Claire
Fire on the Cover - A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess
Features Holiday - All Is Calm / All Is Bright by Colleen Coble
New Release - Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer
Any Book - Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Snow on Cover - Hunted by Meagan Spooner
New Years - Kiss Me at Midnight by Diane Alberts
Food on Cover - Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3) by Tara Sivec
Short Story - The Blumhouse Book of Nightmares The Haunted City by Jason Blum

I should have eliza done soon, and troubles and treats done tomorrow - reading book 3 in that for end of series if we do 2/square before restarting can use that for end of series too - trying to think where my other books fit into categories ....

my lady jane, fangirl.. 2 other romances that should be done quickly then I'm all in this challenge no outside books lol I get the empress tomorrow in mail too, another new release

If there's books you have that fit categories you can think of let me know and i'll read em if I can find em at my library/cheap :)

message 24: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments welcome Ashley!!^^

wow you have so many books hehe
For the end of the serie I just finished by book! i think I'll post my review after my night duty :)

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments woohoo :) I read 32 books last month so, not quite a lot of books for me lol I was getting a bit jealous seeing the point scores and me not playing so here I am

message 26: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments wow 32?! amazing!!!
I can't read much this month because of work TT

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments yeah I was part of a book battle and this challenge last month too so I really read a lot normally I only read a few - part of book battle again and only have 8 books left to read there (I think) which I should finish by end of next week lol so like I said if you think of any books for categories put them down ....I'm not very good at thinking of books for categories.. that's my downfall not the actual reading part lol

message 28: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 121 comments so so sorry, can i still check in?

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments yes - I just joined so .. check in:)

message 30: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

haha yes you are both checked in :D

message 31: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 121 comments thanks

message 32: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "thanks"

No problem!

message 33: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments Ashley wrote: "yeah I was part of a book battle and this challenge last month too so I really read a lot normally I only read a few - part of book battle again and only have 8 books left to read there (I think) w..."

Haha I see! I'll try to think of some books :)
Maybe you can join us on the buddy read of the Gentleman's guide to vice and virtue^^

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments Are you finished it already?

message 35: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments finished futures & frosting - I mixed up the names of the book lol book with food on cover

message 36: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments Ashley wrote: "Are you finished it already?"

No just beginning it :)

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I put in a library request - I'm unsure when it'll arrive though *sigh*

message 38: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments I hope it'll arrive soon~

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments Okie - Eliza and her monsters is a book about a family relationship

I'll finish troubles and treats for 2nd "last book in series" book for chart today

I'll be reading renegades and empress for both new releases if no one else does those (I know renegades naked has a red cover though... wonder if that counts lol)

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments My Lady Jane is a historical so I can finish that one off too if no one else does (within the next day or two) fangirl could actually be TBR over one year book and then I get every book on my list in there lol

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments Okay finished troubles and treats for last book in series .. so that category is done for the board

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Hi, I'm trying to keep the tracking post updated. If I miss anything, please let me know.

I was at a bachelorette party last night and today I'm brain dead, good job I don't drink! LOL

I would like to continue The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue as soon as I'm more awake! : P

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I'm going to start and finish the empress - I'm going to time myself it's a 378 page book.. annnnd ... begin

that sounds like fun Laura!!! I hope gentlemans guide is fun my copy still isn't available I thought about buying it but I'm on a ban until hubby gets his knives lol

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments read my lady jane - completed historical category for this round

read the empress - new release

message 45: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 267 comments sorry guys I have a little reading slump.... I hope I'll be able to read again starting tomorrow!

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I finished the stocking was hung for a book about holiday and reading a reclusive heart which I’m putting in family category ...so that’s more :) hoping to finish it today but unsure lol

We all get slumps no worries

message 47: by Ashley (last edited Nov 12, 2017 03:33PM) (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I lied about name of book - it was a humble heart (book 1 in series) god they all sound the same lol added them to the reviews ..

Stocking was hung - holiday book
Humble heart - book about family relationship

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments Current reads:

Christmas from Hell - holiday book to finish that category
Hunted - book with snow on cover
Fangirl - book on TBR for more than 1 year

Starting Renegades as soon as Hunted is finished (hopefully on Thursday) for new release to finish the category :)

message 49: by Ashley (last edited Nov 15, 2017 07:09AM) (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments I finished the girl in the rain lol whoops for a debut novel :)

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) | 1007 comments read christmas from hell for book featuring holiday to close out that category

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.