Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Team Peppermint Latte ✓

Comments Showing 1-50 of 344 (344 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Nov 02, 2017 06:51AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Team Peppermint Latte:
✓ 1. Alaina
✓ 2. Giulia
✓ 3. RainySun
✓ 4. Circe

Please check in by November 1st!!

Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Hi! :D

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

RainySun wrote: "Hi! :D"

Why hello :D I can't wait for this challenge!

message 4: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Me too! So excited!!!! Cant wait!

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

RainySun wrote: "Me too! So excited!!!! Cant wait!"

YAY! It sounds like so much fun!

message 6: by RainySun (last edited Dec 27, 2017 04:13PM) (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments ***Squares can be completed twice per team before the board is started over***

B Column:
✔1. Book you were given Alaina RainySun
✔✔2. Cozy mystery Alaina Alaina
✔✔3. Book that starts with N or D ~ Giulia ~ Alaina
✔✔4. Last book in a series Alaina Alaina
✔✔5. Food on the cover Alaina Alaina

I Column:
✔6. Reread your favorite book RainySun Alaina
✔✔7. Fire on the cover Alaina Alaina
✔✔8. New Release (from any month this year) Alaina Alaina
✔✔9. About family relationship Alaina Alaina
✔✔10. Short Story Collection RainySun Alaina

N Column:
✔✔11. Red Cover Alaina RainySun
✔✔12. Features a Holiday Alaina Alaina
✔13. Any Book you Want! ~ Giulia ~
✔✔14. Snow on the Cover Alaina Alaina
✔✔15. On your TBR over 1 year Alaina Alaina

G Column:
✔✔16. White Cover RainySun Alaina
✔✔17. Book involving travel Alaina ~ Giulia ~
✔✔18. Historical Novel Alaina Alaina
✔✔19. Set at New Years AlainaAlaina
✔✔20. Classic Novel AlainaAlaina

O Column:
✔✔21. Centered around Sports Alaina Alaina
✔✔22. Tree on the cover RainySun Alaina
✔✔23. Debut Novel Alaina Alaina
✔✔24. Clock/Watch on the cover ~ Giulia ~ Alaina
✔✔25. Star on the cover Alaina Alaina

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

so many categories :D
we should probably split them up

message 8: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments I'm going to attempt to keep track... not 100% sure whats going on up there ^ does it make sense??

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

haha yes I understand what you wrote completely. I can also keep track too - just in case. I could say we could 6 per person that way 24 is covered for a couple of days. But I don't know how fast of a reader everyone is. So I guess we can just pay it by ear and wait for everyone to check in before we pick our squares?

message 10: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Alright awesome. Ya... I think we should probably wait until everybody is checked in, and then after if we could let everyone know what categories we'll be reading that way we wont have too many repeated and ill put down what categories are taken as we go

If you have any category you think you will for sure be starting with you can go ahead a take them

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Haha I can honestly read a book for all of the categories. So I'll just take the ones no one wants. I'm a pretty fast reader and I can help out if people DNF a book or something.

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

***RULE CHANGE***
Squares can be completed twice per team before the board is started over.

YAY I can do even more reading xD

message 13: by RainySun (last edited Nov 01, 2017 07:46PM) (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments I can start with Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo (Read a book you were given) Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu (Read a book with a white cover) Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard (Read a book with a tree on the cover... different edition)(possibly: Read a book involving travel ) Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor (Read a book that starts with N or D) The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2) by Evelyn Skye (Read the last book in a series) The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (Read a book on your reading list for over a year) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare (Read a book with a star on the cover City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare )

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

I have no idea what I’m going to read yet. I have lost somewhere but I was trying to finish up some more books today. I’ll probably add what I’ll be reading tomorrow

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Okay so I have a bunch of books scheduled for November. Now not all are a BR for this group but they are apart of my BR's for a different group.

Nov 1st: The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa and In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

Nov 2nd: Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine

Nov 3rd: Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine

Nov 4th: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Nov 5th: The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa , The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French , and Persistence of Memory (Den of Shadows, #5) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Nov 6th: Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead (series)

Nov 7th: Avenged (Ruined, #2) by Amy Tintera

Nov 8th: Haunting the Deep (How to Hang a Witch, #2) by Adriana Mather and Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine

Nov 10th: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer (series), It by Stephen King , A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin (series), and A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1) by Kevin Hearne

Nov 11th: Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #3) by Tana French and Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) by Rachel Caine

Nov 12th: The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #1) by Julie Kagawa

Nov 14th: Token of Darkness (Den of Shadows, #6) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Nov 15th: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (series)

Nov 16th: Broken Harbour (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) by Tana French and Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12) by Rachel Caine

Nov 20th: Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) by Rachel Caine and Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly (series)

Nov 21st: The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French and All Just Glass (Den of Shadows, #7) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Nov 23rd: Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine

Nov 25th: Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (series)

Nov 26th: Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires, #15) by Rachel Caine and The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French

Nov 28th: The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien

Nov 29th: Poison Tree (Den of Shadows, #8) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Nov 30th: The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (series)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Hello. Checking in 💪🔥

message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Circe wrote: "Hello. Checking in 💪🔥"

woot woot!

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

I totally forgot to post what categories I could do with the books I have scheduled!! I'm sorry!! I'm about to eat dinner and I will definitely post it tonight!

message 19: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments That's alright! I'll update the tracking thread with what categories are taken by tonight (and now we can have 2 per category so that should be helpful)

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

The Trespasser - book given
Size 12 Is Not Fat - cozy mystery
Deep Blue - book starts with D
The Iron Knight - last book in series
Winter - food on cover
Cinder - reread a favorite
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - fire on cover
A Plague of Giants - new release (came out Oct 2017 so I will have to ask if that's okay of if it has to come out in Nov/Dec)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - family relationship
Bloodlines - red cover
Avenged - read any book you want
The Likeness - on list for over a year
In the Woods - white cover
The Hobbit- a book about travel
Haunting the Deep - historical
It - classic
Persistence of Memory - tree on cover

This is what I have right now to offer but I can just take what no one wants

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Also, for the box: Read a new release -- it works for any book that came out this year.

message 22: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Ok awesome!

message 23: by — Massiel [taking a break] (last edited Oct 29, 2017 09:23AM) (new)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Hey guys! Here are a few book I'll read in November and December

November:
5th - White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout -series-
12th - Witch Born (Witch Song, #2) by Amber Argyle -series-
17th - The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa
22nd - The Ambassador's Mission (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #1) by Trudi Canavan -series-
30th - Kinslayer (The Lotus Wars, #2) by Jay Kristoff -series-

December:
19th - Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
26th - Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins

Will buddy read but don't know the date
The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May Vendetta (Blood for Blood, #1) by Catherine Doyle -series- The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan

I don't know where those books fits to be honest

message 24: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments Circe wrote: "Hey guys! Here are a few book I'll read in November and December

November:
5th - White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout -series-
12th - Witch Born (Witch Song, #2) by Amber Argyle -series-
17th - [bookcover:The ..."

Would you like to buddy read Ready Player One? :)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments @Salha YES, PLEASE!

message 26: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments @Circe, here's the thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... :)

message 27: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments Sorry I'm late! Hi, checking in :)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Thank you Salha!

message 29: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments I can do the clock on the cover

message 30: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments Circe wrote: "Thank you Salha!"

You're welcome :)

message 31: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Nov 02, 2017 08:30PM) (new)

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all on the blocks I just completed: white cover and trees on the cover.

I don't know how busy I'm going to be tomorrow since I officially move the rest of my stuff but I will try and knock out at least two more blocks tomorrow.. if not then by Saturday. I wont have wifi at my new place until the 7th so I will probably have to go to the library or something to do my posts or just dump them all on the 7th. I haven't decided yet. I hope you all have a good night - I have a super busy day ahead of me and I need my sleep asap!

message 32: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Good luck with moving, hope everything goes smoothly :)

message 33: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Im currently reading Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments I'm a little confused... We can't repeat the columns?

I'm currently reading And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White and Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

message 35: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments We can have 2 books per category, once we complete them all twice we can start over

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments RainySun wrote: "We can have 2 books per category, once we complete them all twice we can start over"

thank you, i think i understand

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments I completed number 15!

message 38: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

As of right now:

Circe has completed: Centered around sports - so we need one more book for that.

I have just completed: Book involving travel - so we need one more book for that category as well.

message 39: by — Massiel [taking a break] (last edited Nov 05, 2017 04:31PM) (new)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White count as "historical novel" or family relatioship? Since is about the story of two brothers

message 40: by Salha (last edited Nov 06, 2017 06:41AM) (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments Circe wrote: "And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White count as "historical novel" or family relatioship? Since is about the story of two brothers"

It can fit in both categories :)

message 41: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments I'm almost done with Raven's Shadow (Raven, #1) by Patricia Briggs which can count for #7 Fire on the cover or #9 About family relationship or #22 Tree on the cover. Are all those categories already taken?
Under which category do you want me to put it when I finish it?

message 42: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

We need two checks for each category. So, you can pick one we don't have a check by or use it for a category we only need one more. It's up to you. I think there used to be people's names next to the category but I don't see it anymore.

message 43: by RainySun (last edited Nov 06, 2017 09:08AM) (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments #7 and #9 aren't taken, so either one

message 44: by RainySun (last edited Nov 06, 2017 09:16AM) (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments I've updated the tracking thread and re added which categories had planned books. Sorry, the names are back

message 45: by — Massiel [taking a break] (last edited Nov 06, 2017 09:16AM) (new)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments I completed "About family relationship".

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments I'll do Red Cover with White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and tree on the cover with Fałszywy Pocałunek (Kroniki Ocalałych #1) by Mary E. Pearson it counts isn't it?

message 47: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments RainySun wrote: "I've updated the tracking thread and re added which categories had planned books. Sorry, the names are back"

Thanks RainySun :)
OK, so I'll take the second fire on the cover. I'll post the review by tonight.

Also, currently reading The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers for #24 Clock/Watch on the cover

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Salha wrote: "Circe wrote: "And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White count as "historical novel" or family relatioship? Since is about the story of two brothers"

It can fit in both categories :)"

thank you, btw!

message 49: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Sorry guys I was posting reviews from the books I read yesterday!! Okay, now I'm going to walk my dogs and run a few errands then read the books I had planned for today.

Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot for Cozy Mystery

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead for Red Cover

The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French for TBR 1+ year

I'm still thinking about my 4th book.. it's either It by Stephen King or Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly but if I don't get to post them all today I will definitely post them tomorrow.

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Hey guys! So before traffic gets really bad I'm going to go back to my place - I wont have wifi until tomorrow morning but I will read the books I've mentioned up above (except for It because it wasn't available at my library today). I will post tons of reviews tomorrow :D I hope you all have a great day!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.