What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Haunting
This topic is about The Haunting
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. The Haunted House. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments Hello
I have been searching for this book for years :( I thought it was called "Haunted House"
1. If I am correct the cover has a pic of a black house with pink and purple background. (the cover is a drawing and I think the cover is not smooth)

2. The book is divided in two sections: first one is about the house in the past..and old lady and a little girl lived in the house..and the little girl meets the next door neighbor (boy) they become very close.. (or the other way around) but I know the first section it talks about an old lady a girl and a boy)
The old lady does kill the girl on an alter and the boy tries to save her but I think he gets killed too..

3. The second part of the book talks about a woman who buys the house she might be a real-state agent..but she lives in the house alone..she start seeing the old woman in the hall walking with a candle and have dreams of the little girl trying to show or tell her something.. The dreams are almost real that she wakes up in places...
but at the end she does not wake up from the dream and ends up in the same place where the girl was killed and some how she kills herself..

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
How long is "years"? 2, 5, 15, 100? (Yes, I do live in hopes that some day we'll meet vampires or aliens or werewolves or fae--the kind that are written about in modern PNR and NOT the ones from historical stories.)

message 3: by ``Laurie (last edited Oct 22, 2017 02:07PM) (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments There are several lists at Listopia that are about houses/haunted houses, maybe this one will help you:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Your description reminded me of author Norah Lofts. Although I've ready many of her haunted house books I don't recall one about human sacrifice, but I could be wrong.

message 4: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments ``Laurie wrote: "There are several lists at Listopia that are about houses/haunted houses, maybe this one will help you:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Your description reminded me of aut..."

Thank you I will look through..I have tried many lists but no luck..

message 5: by ``Laurie (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:49PM) (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Do you recall if the author was American or English by any chance?

Was this book an older, gothic type of book?

message 6: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments ``Laurie wrote: "Do you recall if the author was American or English by any chance?

Was this book an older, gothic type of book by any chance?"

I am assuming American but I got the book from a Canadian Library..I want to say before 2005 the cover is 90s cover and I think it is Horror..

message 7: by Kris (last edited Oct 27, 2017 09:26AM) (new)

Kris | 33331 comments Mod
AA, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

Why does the old lady kill the little girl? How are they related?

Spoiler alert added to the topic header.

message 8: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments Kris wrote: "AA, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

Why does the old lady kill the little girl? How are they related?

Spoiler alert added to the topic header."

Hello Kris.. I want to say it is YA..because its around the same time I read

Hit and Run by R.L. Stine and Mischief by Douglas Clegg

and I can't remember book details very well.. and might have mixed things up too.. But I know the girl becomes friend with the boy and she teaches him how to read..

I have a feeling that the the old woman in the house is the boys grandmother and she kills the girl because she was getting to close to the boy and saw her as a sin...

message 9: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments I think I have found the book..Even though the cover doesn't look the same and some events I don't remember but from what I have been gathering that it is %90..
I am trying to locate the book but to my surprise I can't located it in our libraries

The books is The Haunting by Ruby Jean Jensen 1994
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/j/ru...

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Great. Let us know if it turns out not to be your book and we will disappointedly remove it.

message 11: by AA (new)

AA . | 6 comments AA wrote: "I think I have found the book..Even though the cover doesn't look the same and some events I don't remember but from what I have been gathering that it is %90..
I am trying to locate the book but t..."

Thank you so much No it is the book..

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Norah Lofts (other topics)