Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Delete Book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments I added my upcoming release to Goodreads and I need it removed completely. I was told since it hasn't been published, the book can be deleted. Please help.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13560 comments I don't know which book you are talking about, but if there is a problem, you should contact staff.

support (at) goodreads (dot) com

message 3: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments I did contact support. I was told to find a librarian to have the book deleted from my author page. I can get the link if I need to.

message 4: by lethe (last edited Oct 22, 2017 01:46PM) (new)

lethe | 13560 comments Which book are you talking about, and why do you want to have it deleted?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6548 comments Staff has librarian privileges, so if they thought it should be removed they would have done it.

message 6: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments Tune My Heart (CHAOS, #1) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 7: by lethe (last edited Oct 22, 2017 02:40PM) (new)

lethe | 13560 comments And why do you want to have it deleted? The book has been added by 11 people already.

message 8: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3521 comments K.R. wrote: "I did contact support. I was told to find a librarian to have the book deleted from my author page. I can get the link if I need to."

If you asked Support to delete your book from your author page, they might have misunderstood your request. We often have authors request that a book be deleted from their author page when they really mean to have it moved from their page.

If your book was never published and never will be published, contact Goodreads Support, as explained here.

message 9: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments I've contacted support again and tried to be more specific in my question. Hopefully they answer.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6162 comments I hope too - because we're not even able to help you - only super librarians can delete a book with that much shelvings and even they will be really careful deleting a book which looks valid and is already shelved several times as we're told to refer that to staff if it comes to deletions.

message 11: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments All if my readers and followers were informed of the change and given a free book in return.

message 12: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13560 comments It looks like staff have deleted the book in the meantime :)

message 13: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 6 comments Yes, they emailed me back shortly after I contacted them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.