Crab Shack discussion

Movies & Series

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
I watched Megan Leavey last night. It was free on Amazon Prime. Not bad and certainly worth the price. Tear jerker for sure, especially if you like dogs. Morgan loved it and stayed awake for the entire movie, barking at the appropriate parts.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
I binge on Poldark last night. Just yummy! The British sure do know how to do a historical series.

I hadn't watched it yet, so it was just Part I that I finished on Amazon Prime and continue from there. Now I'm going to have a TBW (To Be Watch) list. I already have those crazy Durrell's. And Amazon is doing the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Saw the pilot and can't wait. Oh dear, when am I going to be able to pare down my TBR list. AND MORGAN AND I NEED SOME EXERSIZE!

message 3: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 62 comments The current Poldark or the original? I watched the original when it first came out and was enthralled with it.

I have a multi-region dvd/bluray player and I get a lot of videos from amazon.co.uk and watch them before they air on US TV. Downton Abbey was available on the UK Amazon store 6 months before it aired on US TV. The Brits seem to release dvds immediately when a series ends instead of waiting months to release them

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
I have no idea, but this is what I streamed: https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...

message 5: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 62 comments Carol wrote: "I have no idea, but this is what I streamed: https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_..."

This is the original:

https://smile.amazon.com/POLDARK-COMP...

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
CBRetriever wrote: "Carol wrote: "I have no idea, but this is what I streamed: https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_......"

Didn't know about that one.

message 7: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 62 comments 1975, back when I was going to university. It was better done in one respect as it wasn't as compressed as the new version

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
CBRetriever wrote: "1975, back when I was going to university. It was better done in one respect as it wasn't as compressed as the new version"

Seems a lot of time is taken up by Ross galloping across the moor.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Amazon Prime has Your Inner Fish...It's free and it's worth watching. I know it's science, but....

message 10: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 62 comments I'm waiting until Nov 29th and Vikings starts up again....

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
CBRetriever wrote: "I'm waiting until Nov 29th and Vikings starts up again...."

Okay. I'm doing the same thing with Netflix. Waiting for Season II of The Crown.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Amazon Prime has The Big Sick. I saw it in the theater and loved it.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
PBS is doing a series based on The Chaperone. It supposed to start May 16th. I loved the book.

message 14: by Carol (last edited Jul 20, 2019 06:57PM) (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Just watch Mao's Last Dancer on Amazon Prime and it was just wonderful. Story (true) and acting was very good and dancing was superb.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan Has anyone been watch The Marvelous Mrs Maisle on Amazon Prime?
It's quite good.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Yes, I thought it was great. I've started the second season, but haven't finished it yet.

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan Carol wrote: "Yes, I thought it was great. I've started the second season, but haven't finished it yet."

Showing my age, but I love the music :)

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Susan, if you have Netflix, The Kominsky Method is great. Especially now that you're showing your age. ;-)

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan Lol, I don't have Netflix right now.
We usually go in spurts.
No cable anymore.
We have Amazon prime and then also will pay for Hulu, or acorn, or Netflix.
Right now we have Hulu.
I'll add the Kominsky Method when we get Netflix back. Which will be soon since Amy is excited to get caught up on Stranger Things.
I liked the first season ur I think it went downhill a bit.

message 20: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Recommending My Octopus Teacher. It's on Netflex in the US and won The Oscar for best documentary.

message 21: by Bnz (new)

Bnz | 65 comments Carol wrote: "Recommending My Octopus Teacher. It's on Netflex in the US and won The Oscar for best documentary."

Speaking of documentaries, CuriosityStream & Nebula bundle is less than $2 a month - well worth it.

message 22: by Carol (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
Bnz wrote: "Carol wrote: "Recommending My Octopus Teacher. It's on Netflex in the US and won The Oscar for best documentary."

Speaking of documentaries, CuriosityStream & Nebula bundle is less than $2 a month..."

I've watched a few docs there. I haven't cut the cable completely yet and my cable company offers it as a freebie.

message 23: by Carol (last edited Jan 13, 2022 04:42PM) (new)

Carol | 147 comments Mod
I get Curious Stream. Never heard of Nebula. Mayben try to catch Slime on CS. Amazing. Had no idea.