The NoSleep Podcast Book Club discussion

Nominations for the November Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McEvoy | 96 comments Mod
It's time again to start nominating books for next month! We already have two suggestions for the poll: Penpal by Dathan Auerbach (NoSleep classic) and The Fisherman by John Langan (Lovecraftian cosmic horror). Also worth noting are the three books out with writing by NoSleep authors: The Third Parent by Elias Witherow (Tommy Taffy), The Family of Fang and Claw by AA Peterson (set in the world of "The Pancake Family"), and Vices and Virtues: A Horror Anthology (stories by Manen Lyset, Rona Vaselaar, CK Walker, etc.). If you're interested in any of these three, let me know and I'll include them in the poll. Anything else you'd like to read for November?

Nominations will go on until Tuesday. I'll post the poll on Wednesday and it will be open until Thursday at midnight. The book will be announced on Friday so hopefully everyone interested will have enough time to hunt down a copy by next week. I'll be leaving for Canada (wooo NoSleep Live woooooo) on Wednesday, but I'll try to get everything out on schedule. If I get held up fighting off David Ault's charms, I apologize.

message 2: by Lucas (new)

Lucas Hibbard (lhsquared) | 15 comments I recently purchased the book from the Lore podcast
The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke.

I'd love to read AND discuss this with the group, but know that it's pretty new and might be difficult/expensive for people to obtain.

message 3: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammysimplicity) | 9 comments I'm gonna vote for Penpal so I have another month to finish House of Leaves. Lol.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McEvoy | 96 comments Mod
Sammy wrote: "I'm gonna vote for Penpal so I have another month to finish House of Leaves. Lol."

I was considering doing the same so I could finish It, heheh.

message 5: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammysimplicity) | 9 comments Jessica wrote: "Sammy wrote: "I'm gonna vote for Penpal so I have another month to finish House of Leaves. Lol."

I was considering doing the same so I could finish It, heheh."

October is always a busy month for me, so taking on House of Leaves hasn't gone as smoothly as I had hoped. I'll definitely be able to finish it next month though.

message 6: by Raina (new)

Raina Singh | 15 comments Penpal gets my vote too!