What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Western romance. Hero hired to guide cattle by heroine's relative. Hero and heroine travelled to some place on wagons(?) with a second male lead character. There they met a man with four daughters whose sound like AEE, BEE, CEE and DEE?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Hi please help me find a book I read way backin college. WhatI remember is that hero and heroine travelled to aome place with a second male lead character, there they met a man with four daughters whose names I am not sure of but kinda sounds like AEE,BEE,CEE and DEE. SPOILER. second male lead fell in love with the eldest daughter.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
When were you in college? Where is the book set? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Hi. I was in college around 2009-2013, i believe the book was publishe way before that though and unfortunately I dont know the original cover since it was hard bound by the school library

message 4: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Correction. It was actually a historical romance book,something like rosemary rogers' or nora roberts type of writting.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Oct 23, 2017 04:56AM) (new)

Kris | 33316 comments Mod
I added plot details and your correction to the topic header (and removed the spoiler). Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

message 6: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments thank you

message 7: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments hoping someone could help 🙏

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Unless you remember new details, you're only supposed to bump your thread every 30+ days.

Good luck on finding the book, though!

message 9: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2400 comments How did they travel - ship, train, horse, etc? Their method of transportation might give us a time range. Any idea why they were traveling or where they were going? Can you remember around when/where it was set?

message 10: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments im pretty sure they travelled by ship, its possible the hero might be a merchant or something, and i believe its set in america.

message 11: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

This list has over 2,000 historical romance titles so you might find your book there. Good luck!

message 12: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments thanks

message 13: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments UPDATE: I just remembered that the hero on this book was hired by the heroine's relative(not sure if it was her father or aunt) to guide cattles that are to be sold together with a group of other men and they were travelling using wagons or some sort,the group also consists of a father and teenage son who i remember had a crush with the heroine, the heroine travelled with them. also the heroine was kind of a damsel in distress and wanted to be more like the second lead female (AEE?) also second lead female was fond of making organic soaps and is very good with using guns.

message 14: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments bump.
Please help, really need to find this book 🙏

message 15: by Kris (new)

A guess - Samantha and the Cowboy by Lorraine Heath?

Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "historical romance" "western" "cattle drive"

Sigrid, where did the heroine grow up - England, U.S., a ranch, big city, etc.?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at time, etc.?

message 16: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Hi Kris,
unfortunately that's not the book 😞

It was definitely a romance book and I am pretty sure the girl is from the US, and on the book i am looking for it was the hero who was hired to guide cattles owned by the heroine's relative (father i believe?)

thanks for the suggestion thou, I appreciate it

message 17: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments bump

message 18: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments please help

message 19: by Kris (last edited May 08, 2018 05:34PM) (new)

I added more plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit using the desktop website, not the mobile app.

message 20: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Bump

message 21: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments This is probably way out of the ball park, but could you perhaps be talking about the Daughters of the South Wind and other books in the series written by Aola Vandergriff? I know that the male lead was named Dan Tallent and he fell in love with the oldest daughter named Tamsen (called Tam), while the other two daughters were Emmeline (called Em) and Arabella (called Arab). Just a thought.

message 22: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Hi Teresa, thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that's not the book I'm looking for :)

message 23: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Bump

message 24: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid Navarro | 25 comments Hi,still looking for this book. I am not certain if all information in the header is correct since it might hve been mixed up with other books I've read. What I am certain is the hero had some companions with him, not sure if it was his ship mates or expedition crew but as mentioned before,*SPOILER AHEAD* one of his crew(right hand man) fell in love with the eldest daughter of a family they met(a father and his daughters living in a "hill"?),this second heroine knows how to shoot a gun and makes her own soap and eventualy joined them on their expedition.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Samantha and the Cowboy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lorraine Heath (other topics)