Play Book Tag discussion

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4)
This topic is about The Girl in the Spider's Web
Archive: Other Books > The Girl in the Spider's Web / David Lagercrantz. 2.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8313 comments 2.5 stars

Not too sure how to summarize, as I sort of “missed” what got it started. Ended up with the father of an autistic child working on some sort of artificial intelligence and Lisbeth Salander getting involved to protect the autistic boy.

It was really not interesting throughout most of the first 2/3 of the book, but it picked up for the last 1/3, about the time Lisbeth and August (the autistic boy) were together, but not really enough to increase my rating by much. I don’t plan to continue the series.

message 2: by annapi (last edited Oct 22, 2017 10:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

annapi | 4965 comments I gave this 3 stars, I believe. It was so disappointing but then I didn't really believe another author would be able to do justice to the characters, so I wasn't expecting much though still hoping. I might read more just to see where it goes, or maybe to see how the ship will sink, but if Lagercrantz's writing gets any worse I will give up on it.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3808 comments Woah, I didn't realize this was by a DIFFERENT AUTHOR!?

Does anyone know why the new author is picking up this series to do more books? Is this what Stieg Larsson wanted?

LibraryCin | 8313 comments Stieg Larsson died a couple of years back. I'm not sure what he wanted after.

LibraryCin | 8313 comments hmmm, looks like he died in 2004. He was only 30!

Here's some information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millenn...

"...Larsson's partner Eva Gabrielsson has voiced criticism against this project, which has not made use of the unpublished material which is still in her possession..."

message 6: by Joi (last edited Oct 23, 2017 11:45AM) (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3808 comments Very interesting! I knew the first three were all published posthumously. Seems weird that since there still is unpublished (even if unfinished) materials to go the route of an entirely new author without even using/getting ideas from/referencing the other stuff. Kind of sounds like the publisher saw an opportunity for $$ so commissioned more in the series.

I still need to read the 2nd and 3rd, but it doesn't sounds like this fares well for the continuation.

annapi | 4965 comments From what I remember, as he did not have a will, his blood relatives got everything, even though he was estranged from them. His partner, who I believe helped him write the books, had his notes and ideas for other books of the series but I think legally she had no recourse to using them. His family of course wanted to cash in on the books and continue the series and probably hired this guy Lagercrantz to write.