Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Let's Get Specific! > Sci-fi Romance recommendations with fiesty, powerful women

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Helena#bookdreamer | 5 comments I'd like recommendation s for sci Fi romance (no aliens) with strong, funny female leads where the relationship between the hero is a tension building, sweet ending, slow burn romance. NO insta love, mates, rape, erotica.
I know this is pretty specific but an example would be for sci romance I love Linnea Sinclair's books. PNR -The light within me by Carly Fall, Semi-charmed by Isabel Jordan and Halfway to the grave by Jeanine frost.

message 2: by KJ (new)

KJ Van Houten | 237 comments Mod
Try Lindsay Buroker’s Fallen Empire series or Marie Andreas’ Asarlai Wars Series.

Helena#bookdreamer | 5 comments thanks KJ !! ill check it out!!

message 4: by Amyiw (last edited Oct 22, 2017 07:59PM) (new)

Amyiw | 46 comments OK, so Ann Aguirre has aliens but so does Linnea Sinclair, which was your example, so I'm going to recommend this just the same. Her Sirantha Jax which the romance unfolds during the series not just one book. Dred is a spin off but totally different in feel, not sure of the romance in it either. So maybe?
Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre

Helena#bookdreamer | 5 comments Amyiw wrote: "OK, so Ann Aguirre has aliens but so does Linnea Sinclair, which was your example, so I'm going to recommend this just the same. Her Sirantha Jax which the romance unfolds during the series not jus..."
Thanks for the suggestion, I don't mind aliens as long as it's not a mating, insta love thing. I'll check it out and it's reviews. Definitely down to read something different.

message 6: by Gena (new)

Gena | 71 comments A couple sci-fi with strong female leads that I've liked:
Fall (Hold, #3) by Claire Kent
Shards of Honour (Vorkosigan Saga, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Empress Game (The Empress Game Trilogy #1) by Rhonda Mason - be warned though, it doesn't have an ending, just a set up for book two.

Helena#bookdreamer | 5 comments Gena wrote: "A couple sci-fi with strong female leads that I've liked:
Fall (Hold, #3) by Claire Kent
Shards of Honour (Vorkosigan Saga, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Empress Game (The Empress Game Trilogy #1) by Rhonda Mason - be warned though, it doesn't have an e..."

Thanks Gena!