Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Halloween Readathon Chat

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our "chat room" for our 2017 Halloween readathon!

I will keep this open even though we haven't started the readathon so we can talk about the books we may want to read during the week of the readathon or to get excited and pumped for the readathon!

Have fun!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Whoop whoop! I'm excited!!! :D

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Less than six hours until we start!!! What is everybody going to be reading first?

message 4: by Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) (last edited Oct 23, 2017 05:41PM) (new)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 281 comments I have a question. If I'm in the middle of a book can it be counted as far as the pages I've read starting from 10/24?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Colleen wrote: "I have a question. If I'm in the middle of a book can it be counted as far as the pages I've read starting from 10/24?"

Yes! That sounds very fair. :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 281 comments Thanks Anna! :)

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can't believe I almost missed this!!! It was posted on the day my grandson got married, and the day before and after the posting I was in the car driving for about 6 hours. Today I had to get my dogs from boarding, go to a doctor appointment and other errands. So by time I got on here and saw it, I had less than 2 hours. LOL

I'm so glad I found this on time!

message 8: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments I did not realize there was going to be a read a thon

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Yes! And it has started!!! GO GO GO! :D

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments YAY!! I'm glad you spotted it Vicki and Cindee!!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I've been so busy all day, I haven't really read much!! :(

hopefully tomorrow will be a better reading day!

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Trisha, I'm glad I saw it too! Good luck with your reading tomorrow!

message 13: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments 2 books read not reading anything else today

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Cindee, that's great! I stopped reading for the day too. I needed this boost!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Cindee wrote: "2 books read not reading anything else today"

That's amazing! I've only read 18% of a book, and it's day two. lol

message 16: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "2 books read not reading anything else today"

That's amazing! I've only read 18% of a book, and it's day two. lol"

I have read 4 books so far

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Cindee wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "2 books read not reading anything else today"

I have read 4 books so far"

That's even more amazing! I wish that I was able to read as fast as you!

message 18: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "2 books read not reading anything else today"

I have r..."

I have been only reading 2 books a day sometimes I read a lot sometimes I read only a little.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Cindee wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "2 books read not reading anything else today"

That's amazing! I've only read 18%..."

I'm lucky if I get a half a book a day. lol I hope that you're enjoying your books! :)

message 20: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments Can people still join in or is it closed?

message 21: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments not much reading done today I don't feel like reading books but I do feel like reading fanfiction

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Diane wrote: "Can people still join in or is it closed?"

absolutely you can join! Just claim a spot in the reading list and jump right in! I hope you have fun!

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Cindee wrote: "not much reading done today I don't feel like reading books but I do feel like reading fanfiction"

I hope the fan fiction is good!!

I haven't read anything yet today! I'm about to jump in!

message 24: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Trisha wrote: "Cindee wrote: "not much reading done today I don't feel like reading books but I do feel like reading fanfiction"

I hope the fan fiction is good!!

I haven't read anything yet today! I'm about to ..."

yep it is I have been not been able to find anything fanfiction I wanted to read before today besides I will read 2 books tomorrow to make up for it.

message 25: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments no reading done today been too busy

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Cindee wrote: "no reading done today been too busy"

Same here. I doubt anything will be read today.

message 27: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Cindee wrote: "no reading done today been too busy"

Same here. I doubt anything will be read today."

done some reading today probably will not read anymore today

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1057 comments I've been having difficulty finding time to read the past few days.. I might get to finish the book I'm reading now Into the Bright Unknown and try to finish my next book, Renegades, but I think that's all I can do unless I find some more novellas.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) The readathon is almost over! Did you guys have fun?

message 30: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "The readathon is almost over! Did you guys have fun?"

yep read 8 books

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments YES! I wish I'd had more time to read....but we had a party here today and it was great, but it was a lot of work! lol