Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

Ever Been to a Crime/Thriller/Mystery Convention?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (last edited Oct 21, 2017 08:35PM) (new)

Eric | 59 comments Mod
If so, which one and did you enjoy it and please share comments......

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Crawford (sharonacrawford) | 1 comments Yes - the Bloody Words mystery writing conferences held in Toronto until 2014. Really liked this one - met so many mystery authors from Canada, US and England. Great seminars and i even had the chance to moderate a couple - first one when it started in the late 1990s - trying to moderate a bunch of real-life PIs in a room with no air-conditioning and a fan that could drown you out. But Bloody Words moved on to better venues at big downtown hotels. At one I moderated a panel of short story mystery writers.

And Bouchercon October 2017 when it was in Toronto. Interesting - good seminars with good panels. Met many authors from the US and Canada. But it was too long and some of us (me included) were going around like we were on auto-pilot. But an experience not to miss.

message 3: by Kahlil (new)

Kahlil Hernandez | 5 comments OMGoodness! No I've never been but would absolutely love it! Sharon, do you have any words on how I could find some of these conventions? I'd love it!

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 5 comments Yes please do share how you find out about these. Toronto is just around the corner from me.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Williams (carsinger) | 4 comments Sandy wrote: "Yes please do share how you find out about these. Toronto is just around the corner from me."

There is a Nancy Drew Mystery Convention in Toronto - Summer 2019!

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 5 comments Thanks Elissa - that was the first set of mystery books that got me hooked on these things. That is truly a blast from the past for me - about 50 years. lol

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  Janssen (michellelynn05) | 2 comments Not yet but think it would be fun