Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Halloween Readathon Sign-Up

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Oct 21, 2017 04:22PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna)

BOO! Did we scare you? Probably not, but we're hoping that the books you'll read this week will scare you more than we will ever be able to.

Come one come all, and sign up for our week of spooky reads! Our next readathon is horror themed! We will be hosting our readathon from the 24th of October through to the end of the 31st. We will all be entering the readathon together, so you can keep track of the starting time through this Countdown Watch.

Don't worry, you don't have to read JUST scary books, and we aren't very picky! But you should keep in mind that for every book read during the readathon that is shelved under horror on the main page is worth two extra points!

Sooooo, are you joining? If you are planning on joining us MODs, let us know down below! Then head over to the Reading List thread to start tracking what books you plan on reading, and what spooky challenges you want to give a try.

So, from us MODs, please sign up (we would hate to enter into the spooky carnival by ourselves).

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments EEEP! I'm excited for another readathon!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Trisha wrote: "EEEP! I'm excited for another readathon!"

I know! I'm excited to see how many people join us! :D

message 4: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments So does it only has to be horror because I don't have horror and trying to finish reading the fantasy and mystery books I have planned for this October.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 21, 2017 07:08PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Lesa wrote: "So does it only has to be horror because I don't have horror and trying to finish reading the fantasy and mystery books I have planned for this October."

No! You should absolutely read whatever you want!!

For scoring, if you read horror, you get 2 additional points per book

Your reading list is totally up to you!! Yay!! I hope you love your fantasy and mystery books!

message 6: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments Woohoo yay. Thanks I was worried lol because I want to join but I really didn't feel like doing library horror searches lol.

I'm so in.

message 7: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm in!

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1057 comments I'm definitely in!

senior reporter (storm12) | 44 comments I´m in!!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Lesa wrote: "Woohoo yay. Thanks I was worried lol because I want to join but I really didn't feel like doing library horror searches lol.

I'm so in."

Good! I should have made that more clear. Feel free to read whatever you want!!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Yay! Can't wait to see what everyone reads! :)

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I'm there

message 13: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments I'll be quite busy and probably won't read many horror books but I'm in anyway 😁

message 15: by Katriann (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2185 comments I'm in even though I think I won't have much time to read. :D

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Kikijanika wrote: "I'll be quite busy and probably won't read many horror books but I'm in anyway 😁"

You don't have to even read a single horror book. It's just that you get extra points if you do read one.

message 17: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments May not have lots of time but I’m in!

message 18: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Kikijanika wrote: "I'll be quite busy and probably won't read many horror books but I'm in anyway 😁"

You don't have to even read a single horror book. It's just that you get extra points if you do..."

That's good because I'm so booked 'til the end of the month! Still I might try to squeeze at least one in :)

message 19: by Linsey (new)

Linsey | 236 comments Sign me up. I love these readathons!

message 20: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I'm in! I finally have time to read again, so excited :)

message 21: by senior reporter (new)

senior reporter (storm12) | 44 comments Can I wait do to my reading list. To the 31 october. And I can write on a paper at home the books I read. And so this day 31 october. Im going in the reading list. And write in my books there.

message 22: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) Not sure how much I’ll get in but count me in! :)

message 23: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Oct 23, 2017 03:06PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Caroline wrote: "Can I wait do to my reading list. To the 31 october. And I can write on a paper at home the books I read. And so this day 31 october. Im going in the reading list. And write in my books there."

Sure! Whatever you like! :) Just remember that if you want to claim points you'll have to do it in the point thread.

message 24: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my goodness, I almost missed this!!! I'm in!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Vicki wrote: "Oh my goodness, I almost missed this!!! I'm in!"

Whoo hoo! Glad that you could join us! :)

message 26: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, me too! Thanks!

message 27: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments I'm in

Jocelyn Shackelford | 8 comments Count me in!

message 29: by Trinity (new)

Trinity AH YESS I'm in!!

message 30: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments Can I still join?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Diane wrote: "Can I still join?"

Yes! :)