Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > MG/YA Fantasy - completed 53,000 word novel, book one of intended five book series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1 comments Set in the fantastical island world of Pela, where superstition and mythical creatures mix with steampunk aesthetics and technology, the Cloudskimmer Chronicles follow the adventures of the Airship Cloudskimmer and her crew of quirky misfits.

In this first book, a 12-year-old street waif runs for her life through the slums of Sky Harbor. Terrified and desperate, she stows away on the majestic wood and brass Airship Cloudskimmer, captained by the bold and adventurous Maisie Mariquay. Eavesdropping by day and scrounging for scraps by night, the young stowaway discovers more about the only lady captain she’s ever seen and her equally unusual crew. Inspired by their lifestyle and the wonders of the wide world beyond her isolated home, she begins to imagine a better future for herself. Soon, however, she realizes not everyone is who they seem to be. There is something amiss aboard the Cloudskimmer, something only she, it’s unknown, ghostly inhabitant, has the power to unveil.

If this sounds like something you'd like to read and provide feedback on, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much!

message 2: by Snarcy (new)

Snarcy | 5 comments Hi, Alexandra,

Your novel sounds really cool! Any interest in a swap? I've got a 62k MG/Sci-fi about a boy who was born on the moon and can manipulate gravity. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks and good luck with your writing!

Darcy