Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself > Looking for indie urban fantasy authors who don't suck

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (new)

Seth Creamer | 1 comments Not looking for a beta reader, but hoping beta readers will know of some urban fantasy authors that put out quality work. I write in the same genre, looking to explore the possibility of finding other authors to swap links in the back of the book, cross promote, etc Unfortunately, finding unknown indie authors is pretty hard, and people who have already established themselves aren't interested, so .... I'm betting beta readers would know of some pretty darn good authors who haven't gotten the recognition, yet. Anybody in the urban fantasy genre you guys would recommend?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 292 comments Mod
Seth,

You might query the GR "Groups" tab for "indie authors" and then search out some of the groups that you find. Also, lots of indies promote through BookBub. You can subscribe to BB and select fantasy books as the ones you want to be emailed about. BookBub has fairly strict acceptance requirements, so the books promoted should be decent ones.

You can also google "urban fantasy by indie authors." You might find an entire GR bookshelf from which to research the authors.

message 3: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Haney | 4 comments Seth wrote: "Not looking for a beta reader, but hoping beta readers will know of some urban fantasy authors that put out quality work. I write in the same genre, looking to explore the possibility of finding ot..."

Hello Seth,

I am an unknown urban fantasy writer, and I would love to team up to help each other. Give me holler at kat@katrinahaney.com

Kat