Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book covers have changed

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri Herman-Poncé (terriponce) | 2 comments I just changed the book covers to all three books in the Past Life Series as well as the bundle. How do I get those new covers reflected on Goodreads? Thanks for any help you can provide.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments you link the editions you want us to change + sources for the covers and we set up alternate cover editions then which you can set as new default (for searches and the appearance on your authorpage).

We do not delete the old covers as readers want to shelf them if they own them and GR is a cataloging site.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri Herman-Poncé (terriponce) | 2 comments Lachgas wrote: "you link the editions you want us to change + sources for the covers and we set up alternate cover editions then which you can set as new default (for searches and the appearance on your authorpage..."

Okay...I'm not sure how to link editions and sources...I'll have to dig around for that info.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments copying the link is not that difficult:
on win pc: opening the books record and marking the whole browser line (where the url is starting with https://) and after all is marked pressing ctrl and c (that's a general short cut for copying marked things)
then going here (you may use different tabs or windows in the browser) and pressing ctrl and v (shortcut for "paste") at the same time in the "comment" box - and if you've all done correct the link should appear as text.
(plus hitting "post" afterwards but that's probably obvious)
on Mac: pretty much the same but instead of ctrl which doesn't exist on the keyboard you have to press the command key (I was told that has a loop on it)
on tablet: a long tap and choosing copy and later paste should do I think

If that all doesn't work at least the isbn/asin of the books you want us to change is helpful

for the sources: Amazon links are ok for kindle editions and paperback/hardcover listed there - it's not ok for ebooks (that are considered different formats as one is amazon only and the other "the others"). for ebooks the publisher is a good source. (other sellers than amazon are unfortunately not allowed)
But if we now about which books/editions you are talking we may be able to find sources ourselves. (although a link just makes it easier for us)