Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta Services!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Combs | 28 comments Hello!

I offer free and extremely thorough beta reading services through my website! Head over there for more information. I read most genres.

http://briannacombsbetaservice.weebly...

-Brianna

message 2: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Hall | 34 comments Heyo there Brianna! How's sunday treating you? Nice website!

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane M | 16 comments Hi Brianna, I just wanted to thank you for what you do for writers! It's appreciated to find someone as giving and thorough as you. I appreciate your work.

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Combs | 28 comments Jane wrote: "Hi Brianna, I just wanted to thank you for what you do for writers! It's appreciated to find someone as giving and thorough as you. I appreciate your work."

Thank you so much! I am glad I can help.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Patterson (shepirate) | 3 comments I ended up paying $200 and she stalled me for 6 months getting the review done. She did a few line edits on the first 3 chapters and just reworded the chapter summaries I had already done for my proposal instead of writing them as I had asked. She will drag out your review so long that you get fed up and end up paying her to get it done. She makes a good story for herself but will do nothing for yours! I'd pass on this one!!!

message 6: by John (new)

John Graham Wilson | 15 comments Sounds like internet fraud. Tell the moderator.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Patterson (shepirate) | 3 comments Thanks, John, but I offered to pay so it was my mistake. I wanted to believe what she professed to do and coughed up the money to move things along, but in the end was terribly disappointed. Live and learn. Thanks for your thoughts, eases the pain a bit for sure.

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Liberty | 47 comments Diana wrote: "Thanks, John, but I offered to pay so it was my mistake. I wanted to believe what she professed to do and coughed up the money to move things along, but in the end was terribly disappointed. Live a..."

Wow! I am very sorry to hear about that, Diana. I use an actual editor if I'm going to pay. She has written 16 books that are available in stores, so she's very reliable, and I've used her for all my books. If you want her info, I can give it to you. Regardless, I can't stand when people take advantage of others. And as John said, definitely tell the mod.

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Patterson (shepirate) | 3 comments Hi Chris, I'm always interested in getting referrals. It's the best way to vet someone. I'm on a limited budget and why I haven't gone the pro route yet, but for sure will need someone down the line. My email is dianapatterson at live dot com. Thank you.