Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Jesseca's Spooky Book Nook

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beatrice Longbottom (last edited Oct 21, 2017 09:15AM) (new)

Beatrice Longbottom | 76 comments Hey there!

I will be at work until 3pm today (I'm there right now, shhhh), but afterwards plan on reading through the rest of the Readathon. I have quite a lengthy TBR pile (about 30 books). Let's do this!

A sampling of what I have waiting for me at home:
Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin Pet Sematary by Stephen King Hallowe'en Party (Hercule Poirot, #36) by Agatha Christie My Favorite Thing Is Monsters by Emil Ferris

Beatrice Longbottom | 76 comments I'm finally settled in my real-life book nook and ready to read! I'm starting with Meddling Kids

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments The mini challenge to cheer on a random fellow readathon member lead me here. Just wanted to say, even though you just started, keep at it, you’re doing great! Have loads of fun reading! Cheers!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I'm waiting Meddling Kids to come back to the library, the cover is so vibrant and cool! Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 5: by Beatrice Longbottom (last edited Oct 23, 2017 07:40AM) (new)

Beatrice Longbottom | 76 comments Thanks for the well-wishes! Hope everyone had a FAB Read-A-Thon!

Thoughts on my 1st Read-A-Thon:
--Because I worked yesterday and had an unexpected family thing happen yesterday evening, I lost a lot of reading time. Therefore, I'm continuing my Read-A-Thon into today.
--Yesterday I read for about 5.5 hours (2 chapters Meddling Kids, 3 chapters in The Devil and Winnie Flynn, 4 chapters in Pet Sematary, skimmed The Haunted Forest Tour, and started/finished Wax)
--Today I've read for about 5 hours (finished Johnny Halloween: Tales of the Dark Season, skimmed Backyard Giants, read a few chapters in An Unattractive Vampire, finished Thirteen Chairs, read a few chapters in American Gothic Tales)