What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Finally Dead (Eve Benson: Vampire, #1)
This topic is about Finally Dead
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy series, young adult. Female vampire protagonist newly turned by her will, has a lot more control over herself (hunger, urge to drink, stay in the sun) than normal newly turned ones. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Smiley-99 (new) - added it

Smiley-99 | 4 comments Hi guys
I'm searching for a book that I read a few years ago. The book starts with the protagonist waking up, kidnapped being forced by rogue vampires to drink and kill a human, so that she has to join their ranks. But since she has prepared herself for years to be turned, she has more willpower than other newly turned vampires. So instead of killing the human she rescues her and fight her way out of the rogue compound. After that I don't remember what happened exactly, but I remember that she ended up working in a supernatural mall of sorts where the different shops are the embassy's of the different supernaturals. She works in the frozen yogurt shop for the vampire embassy, they also sell blood there. She somehow ends up having to work the day shift only a few days old and scared of what would happen if she fall asleep she stays up all day. Which is unheard of. She also learns to walk in the sun really fast, and through a "grandparent" who is a really dangerous vampire that everyone is afraid of, she learns to run really quickly. Her two best friends from Highschool are Demons and help her out here and there with things like shoes that stop her from running slower than she can. At some point she gets tricked by one of those best friends to get locked in a glass case on display for month on end, for her to master pulling energy from the animals she has drunken before without having to drink more blood. But that is in a later book in the series. She also has her own flat, but since she doesn't sleep anymore she's rarely there, also the newly turned vampires are in servitude to their sires for years on end, and have to work for them. Which makes sense since the first 50 years a vampire can't really control themselves and sleep all day. So she really is the unicorn, because of her preparation and due to that she soon has to mentor other vampires that have been turned a while a go and open a Programm for people who want to be turned into vampires.
I hope someone can help out with only the information I provided I can't really remeber that much more. It would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Could it be the Eve Benson vampire series? First book is called

Finally Dead by P.S.Power

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Finally Dead by P.S. Power - Lina's suggestion

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Lina's suggestion sure looks like it is Smiley-99's book.

And can I just say Smiley--you've given me a strong desire to read this series.

I also just found out that that first book that Lina suggested is offered as free on Amazon's KindleUnlimited feature (which is a feature for Prime members.) It's also NOT available at all on B&N (which is my preferred medium of ebook.)

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1382 comments Hmm, not on iBooks either, but it does sound good.

message 6: by Smiley-99 (new) - added it

Smiley-99 | 4 comments Thank so much guys that's exactly it :) it was driving me nuts not being able to remember.

message 7: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments You're welcome :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Finally Dead (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

P.S. Power (other topics)