Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Penny's bitacora- October 2017

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny First time participating!

message 2: by Penny (new)

Penny Hello!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm from the Dominican Republic.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm hoping to finish 2 books today, I'm doing a reread of Harry Potter and I'm up to #7 already, that one is the one I'm looking forward the most.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Pop corn.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! This year I've become a little bit obsess with readathons.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is first time, I don't know, maybe all the craziness of it.

message 4: by Penny (new)

Penny So far I've read 56 pages of Deathly Hallows.

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny Hour 7 Crossword

message 7: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) | 63 comments Wop, wop, I hope you are doing great and have a wonderful time reading! I have to reread HP as well, I've not read any of the books in such a long time. Anyway, there's plenty of time left so keep turning those pages! :D

message 8: by Penny (last edited Oct 21, 2017 04:24PM) (new)

Penny Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Still on Harry Potter 7, almost done!
2. How many books have you read so far? 0
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? None :( , I'm going to finish one I'm not enjoying that much.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes, I'm babysitting my 9mo nice today, so there is no way around that, lol
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The chaos! It's fun!

message 9: by Penny (new)

Penny Ana wrote: "Wop, wop, I hope you are doing great and have a wonderful time reading! I have to reread HP as well, I've not read any of the books in such a long time. Anyway, there's plenty of time left so keep ..."

Thank yo so much!

I did the reread one book a month it has been so much fun!

message 10: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) | 63 comments I need to do this as well! I keep putting it off saying I don't have much time but I need to get on it.

message 11: by Penny (new)

Penny Hour 14
Since I'm reading Harry Potter I eent full YA

80's The song of the lioness
90's Harry Potter and the prizoner of Azkaban
00's Harry Potter and the half-blood prince
10's Aristole and Dante discover the secrets of the universe.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I loved Harry Potter on an audiobook, such a great read! Happy readathon! It's so much fun to connect with readers online! Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 13: by Penny (new)

Penny Ana wrote: "I need to do this as well! I keep putting it off saying I don't have much time but I need to get on it."

Do it!!!

It had been a while for me too, and I enjoyed them so much, and my perspective has change so it was really interesting.

message 14: by Penny (new)

Penny Done with my first book! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

message 15: by Penny (new)

Penny Just finished my 2nd book, which I did not like.

It's 2:30 am I think this is all from me.