Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Elizabeth's cozy readathon nook

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (needmoreshelves) | 16 comments Let's get started!!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (needmoreshelves) | 16 comments Starting early to get some reading time in before the kiddos wake up! First up - hoping to finish Raven Stratagem (The Machineries of Empire, #2) by Yoon Ha Lee

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (needmoreshelves) | 16 comments Opening survey -

I'm Elizabeth, reading from Iowa in the USA.

The book I'm most looking forward to is [b ookcover:Turtles All the Way Down|35504431].

The food I'm most looking forward to is the taco soup I'll be throwing in the crock pot soon.

The first time I participated in Dewey's readathon it was from my book blog, As Usual I Need More Bookshelves. Now, many years later, I am no longer blogging, but my love for and participation in the readathon hasn't ended.

I do the readathon pretty much the same every year - read as much as I can in between solo parenting demands, and don't beat myself up about however it falls. It's just fun to be here!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (needmoreshelves) | 16 comments Mid-event survey -

I have not finished any books, but that's not surprising - i had a busy day of kid activities scheduled that I couldn't adjust.

Right now I'm reading Raven Stratagem by Yoon Ha Lee, and Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill on audio. I expect to finish both soon.

My whole day has been one giant interruption - hah! But that's life.

Nothing really surprising - just hoping bedtime hurries up so i can get down to my real reading!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I'm also on a late start due to a looooong power nap. Just started my new book I hope to catch up a little bit. Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 6: by Leni (new)

Leni Iversen (leniverse) | 435 comments I was wondering if you were participating this time around! New thread!
Hope you get some nice reading this evening. :)

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Leni wrote: "I was wondering if you were participating this time around! New thread!
Hope you get some nice reading this evening. :)"

Yep, just been sleeping for most of it! lol