Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Jenn's blog thread

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (last edited Oct 21, 2017 05:05AM) (new)

Jenn (jenn_calaelen) | 3 comments *waves* I've done the read-a-thon several times, but mostly been very bad at the social side of it since my first time - partly this is because a couple feel on weekends where I was away from home and so didn't end up participating much.
This time my goal is to interact more, as well as reading.

I'm currently reading Soulblade (currently on p22) in ebook and The Vor Game (rereading) in audio book.

I've also got Red Land, Black Land: Daily Life in Ancient Egypt to start reading in paper book for when I want a change.

I haven't decided on further books for if I finish any of these, it'll have to depend on how I feel.

I'm looking forward to this read-a-thon!

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenn_calaelen) | 3 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? UK
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I don't really have a stack, so it is really hard to pick one. I'm really enjoying Soulblade and really want to know what happens!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Fruit and cream meringue
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm 35 with various ongoing health problems, so books provide a very important escape from the real work for me. I read a wide variety of things, including sci fi, fantasy, historical fiction, history - as well as anything that sounds interesting in other genres.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Participating more in the community aspects of the read-a-thon.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I really enjoy seeing what the everyone is reading and the community portions of the readathon I think are always friendly and fun! Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenn_calaelen) | 3 comments Yes, everyone is very friendly - and it is fun to see the different books and all the answers to the questions. Hope the read-a-thon is going well for you!

Thank you.