Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Emma F's Read-a-thon Bliss

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments My first read-a-thon! And I only found out about it a couple of days ago so it has been a flurry of preparation...

Here in Australia it runs from 11pm - 11pm, so have had an afternoon nap (kind of) and am cooking a good dinner ready to begin in a few hours :-)

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments The list:

Origin - Dan Brown (starting with this one)
An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir
Heart & Soul - Maeve Binchy
Gregor the Overlander - Suzanne Collins
Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane - Suzanne Collins
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Virgin Earth - Philippa Gregory
Ross Poldark - Winston Graham
Wolfskin - Juliet Marillier

I'll pick and choose as I feel with the rest, but excited about the new Dan Brown!

message 3: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 65 comments I'm excited about the new Dan Brown book too and that will be my "serious" book to start during the Readathon.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments Hour 0 Questions

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Wollongong, Australia

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Dan Brown - Origin

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Camembert, pate, crackers

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I get very little time to read, but listen to audiobooks every day while driving, housework, in bed etc. Looking forward to getting through some paper books!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

It's my first. Looking forward to excuse-free reading!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments It's approaching 3:30am here in Australia. I read well for the first couple of hours, but then I caved and had a couple of hours sleep.

Back into it for now! I'm torn... I don't want to sleep, but I don't want to trigger a migraine either!

message 6: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka (hoppeduponbooks) | 107 comments I understand how it feels. You don't want to miss anything but you also have to take care of yourself. I'm reading thru 2pm to 2pm and I love reading during the night so I try to take a power nap now and then just so I can last longer. Don't over do it! Take care :)

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir finished! (Was already halfway through it at the start though).

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments Doing this read-a-thon has encouraged me to set up my own book blog! Haven't posted to it yet, but the cheerleader challenge gave me some links for other blogs to follow

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I hope your book blog goes well! Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 147 comments Have got into a bit of a rhythm now. Reading two books, about 1/2 hour each then swap... Origin by Dan Brown and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Even though I have slept intermittently for 5 hours of the 18 so far I am still feeling a bit jaded!

But with 6 hours to go I'm determined to keep going till the end (11pm my time).

I am excited that this process has got me back into reading mode, which I slipped out of a few years ago, and I'm not going to stop again. Life will now be less aimless internet surfing/screen time and more books!