Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta Reads for Myster, Sci-fi, and Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (last edited Oct 29, 2017 01:25AM) (new)

James (jacecam) | 8 comments Hello I'm a 30 y/o male looking to help give back to the community that has helped me. I'd love to give a beta read over your story. I'm not the best at grammar and punctuation. But I can give you some general feedback and maybe some ideas. Please feel free to post of PM me.

Currently stocked up. And going to be getting a lot of extra work (regular job) So I am no long accepting beta reading projects at this time. Sorry T.T

message 2: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Hall | 34 comments Heyo there James! How's it going? If you're up for it, I'd love for you to read my military SF/F. If you're interested, you can reach me here or at hallasinhallway@yahoo.ca

message 3: by Grixit (new)

Grixit | 7 comments I could use someone to read my litrpg in progress: https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Mgbuje (stephenmgbuje) | 38 comments James wrote: "Hello I'm a 30 y/o male looking to help give back to the community that has helped me. I'd love to give a beta read over your story. I'm not the best at grammar and punctuation. But I can give you ..."

Hi James,
I'm an aspiring author and I need someone to help me out with editing. It's a contemporary novel for young adults. If you are interested, please contact me @ smgbuje@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 12 comments Hi James,
I would love you to have a look at my novel of about 70,000 words - desperately in need of some feedback!
This novel is about a man who has strained relationship with his father. One day James, a middle-aged, disillusioned private investigator gets a call telling him that his father has cancer and only has a short time to live.
Over the next few months the reasons that their relationship had broken down is revealed through a series of flashbacks and reminiscences during which the son relives his foray into the seedier side of 1970s London which culminates in him having to escape arrest and Edgar’s own tragic past as he recalls the betrayal that shattered his love for his son. As James begins to get to know his father again he makes the shocking discovery that, not only he is not his fathers’ biological son, but that his father’s affair resulted in the birth of an illegitimate psychopathic son of whom James has no knowledge.
The main essence of this book is the destructive relationship between father and son how they are finally able to make peace with each other.
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks

message 6: by James (new)

James (jacecam) | 8 comments Stephen wrote: "James wrote: "Hello I'm a 30 y/o male looking to help give back to the community that has helped me. I'd love to give a beta read over your story. I'm not the best at grammar and punctuation. But I..."

I won't lie. I am probably not the best option for editing. Editing for my own writing needs some serious improvement lol

message 7: by James (new)

James (jacecam) | 8 comments Chris wrote: "Hi James,
I would love you to have a look at my novel of about 70,000 words - desperately in need of some feedback!
This novel is about a man who has strained relationship with his father. One day ..."

Your story sounds interesting. But Unfortunately, I have a full shelf right now. And I'm going to be heading out into the bush for work for several weeks. I'm sorry to say I will have to pass on this for now. Really sorry, but keep it up.

Cianegan513gmail.Com | 9 comments Hey!
I'm seeking betas for my Neo Noir/Supernatural/Mystery story :)

Synopsis:

THE UNCANNY CASE OF COSTAMORTE

Following his mother's murder, the nihilistic DOLCE is taken in by the LOVEWORTH family; a group of self-obsessed oddities who use his adoption as a means to attract attention. The family live in the North Italian coastal town of COSTAMORTE, infamous for housing only the most well-to-do Europe has to offer.
Soon after his arrival, Dolce starts to hear outlandish rumours about the family, particularly concerning the youngest daughter, the quiet and mysterious CORDELIA, who many believe has a sinister power. The family's veil of perfection is soon snatched away when Dolce discovers the body of a young tourist on the beach- a woman who looks eerily like his mother, having been guided to her by dark, obscure figures who vanish as quickly as they appear. He learns that this woman is the fourth victim in an identical string of murders heavily connected to the family, and when yet another woman goes missing, he makes an unlikely alliance with Cordelia and vouches to uncover the truth.

Can't wait to hear from you!

message 9: by B (new)

B P Baggett (bpbaggett) | 107 comments i need a reader for this book of mine. For this weekend only Free Download.
https://www.amazon.com/Hereos-Aeolyne...

message 10: by Martin (new)

Martin Felando James,

I have a 54K YA scifi fantasy that I recently rewrote that needs beta reading. The first edition won IPPY's National Book Award. First 5 pages are on Amazon here: http://a.co/aUBKU7Y

If interested email martinfelando@gmail.com

My best,
Martin